Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 1S Vs Moto E - Specs Compared Ahead of 24 March Flipkart Sale

With the launch of the new budget smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 2 in India, a lot of people are looking forward to owning one in the upcoming Flipkart Flash Sale scheduled on March 24, 2015. The company Mi has already made a promise to bring great value to smartphones at incredibly affordable prices and we saw the great response its devices Xiaomi Redmi 1S Review: The Best Budget Smartphone In India For Rs. 6000 and Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note In India Soon - Here's What You Should Know received ever since the India launch. Priced at Rs. 6,999, just like its predecessor Redmi 1S and the over popular The Second Generation MOTO E Features Rumored With Leaked Specs Sheet smartphone, Xiaomi Launches Redmi 2 And MiPad in India - Flipkart Sale On March 24 brings some feature improvements here and there. Well, as people throng the e-commerce portal to register for the flash sale, we decided to take a look at the specifications of each of the phone and here is a comparative study.

Let's first start with the specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 2 and Redmi 1s. As you can see from the chart below, the Redmi 2 is a step ahead from Redmi 1S with regards to a better processor, a better front camera, better screen protection and a better battery. The Redmi 2 has the well-trusted a Corning Gorilla Glass 2, a feature many felt needed when buying Redmi 1S. There's no change in the memory, but the front camera has been upgraded to 2 megapixel from the 1.6MP on 1S. A slightly improved battery specification and getting the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS along with the latest MIUI 6 are the major features worth noticing.

xiaomi-redmi-2-vs-redmi-1s-specs-comparison

Coming to the specs comparison of Redmi 2 Vs. Moto E (2nd Gen). Here we have a bigger screen size and way better resolution in the display. The rear camera of 8 megapixel with Redmi 2 is much preferred over Moto E's 5 megapixel option that doesn't even have Flash support. The front camera too is better on the Redmi 2 smartphone. The only point where the Moto E (2nd Gen) triumphs over Redmi 2 is the battery which is 2390 mAh vs 2200 mAh. Well, not to mention, Moto E comes with the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS, while Redmi 2 will have to wait for the upgrade.

xiaomi-redmi-2-vs-moto-e-specs-comparison

So that makes us come to the end of specifications comparison for Redmi 2 vs Redmi 1s Vs Moto E. We believe Redmi 2 is definitely a bang for the bucks you will be spending on it. Would you be registering for the flash sale scheduled on March 24th? Share your thoughts about these Rs. 7k smartphones in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

From smartwatches to fitness trackers, in this era of era of wearables, researchers from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) have designed WearSens to track nutrition and food intake. Researchers...
With a mission to study and have a greater understanding of a phenomenon called ‘magnetic reconnection’, United Launch Alliance rocket- Atlas V 421 was successfully launched at 10:44 p.m. EDT...
hello everyone I had complete my B.tech(information technology) in 2012 ,Due to need n in proper suggestion i had joined in karvy computer shares ltd and worked for 8 months...
hai,i have started working on my project on cancer detection.i have calculated kurtosis,skewness of the cancer region.can any one pls help me in code for comparing the region.
Video-sharing giant YouTube has brought virtual reality now to actual reality. Although not as quite as effective, but YouTube has brought what it had promised back in January. YouTube has...