Xiaomi Mi4 India Launch Date Set At 28th January - An Overview Of Specs To Look Forward To

Chinese electronics company Xiaomi has been in the news a lot for the past year because of the launch of devices like Redmi 1S, Redmi Note and Mi3. Now it's again going to make a buzz as it's going to start the sales of the much awaited Xiaomi Mi4 in India from 28th of January. Although the Xiaomi Mi4 Price In India To Be Rs. 17 - 20K. Launch On 28 January Confirmed., the press has now received an official invitation by Xiaomi to an event in Delhi where they will unveil the device for the first time in India. Like its previous handsets, this time too Flipkart will be the solo seller of the device in the country.

xiaomi_mi4_01

Xiaomi has used an interesting method for the invitation, apparently keeping in mind the craze for the imminent Cricket World Cup. As shown in the image above, the three Mi4 phones have been arranged to look like they are stumps while the message says that Mi hits a 4 and a 6.

Now for the technical aspects of the phone. The phone was released in around 4 countries last year so the specs are well known. It has got a full HD display and 5-inch screen with 441 pixels per inch. The phone’s processing capability is pretty good thanks to its 2.5 GHz quad core Snapdragon processor and 3GB of RAM. Also, it has a good battery life because of the 3080 mAh battery. The camera too is the plus point for the phone. It has a 13 MP rear and 8 MP front camera and it has the ability to record 4K videos. So much for the positives.

In the negative, the primary downside is that the phone still runs on Android KitKat while other devices like Moto G (Generation 1 and 2 both) have started receiving the Lollipop update. Another problem with the phone is that the 3G model has only 16 GB of internal storage and since it has no memory card slot, the memory cannot be expanded any further. There is no NFC facility available which may not seem like a problem but it would have been better off with it. The buyers won’t have much choice as far as colour of the phone is concerned as it is available only in black and white alternatives.

xiaomi_mi4_02

Even though there are these drawbacks, it would be fair to assume that like its previous devices, Mi4 too will be sold out within a few minutes on Flipkart mostly because of its stand out positive features and the reputation of Xiaomi. There has no confirmation about the pricing of the device but the speculation is that it will cost around Rs 20,000.

Via: tech.firstpost.com

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the excitement about the Mi4 has died down after thousands have recently owned the Mi3. The specs no wonder look superb. Let's hope they do price it under Rs. 20K.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEians! I am studying 6th sem B.E (Comp. Science) . I've heard students doing internships at NIC. I am quite interested to opt for Summer Training/Internship programs(2/3 months) at...
When you travel abroad the biggest worry that bogs you down is internet connectivity. Sure, your mobile operator has partners around the world to keep your data connection alive but...
(Sent by my cousin Venky) Quote: The world is "3 minutes" from doomsday. That's the grim outlook from board members of The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. Frustrated with a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Gear mechanism was introduced even cycle for easy riding of cycle.These gears has to be changed manually whenever required but the gears changed may not...
i study MCA 1st year i need to do paper presentation on feb 5 .. i havnt no idea about it anyone can help me