Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2i Series Is Cheaper and Manufactured In India

Xiaomi has made a very big impact in the smartphone market in India. It is now tied up with Samsung as the biggest smartphone brand in the country. Xiaomi’s smartphone related products are also seeing good sales especially its power banks. Xiaomi has been constantly updating its power banks to keep up with the growing needs. While higher capacity and sturdy build quality was the biggest pull during its early days, it has had to add features like higher conversion rates, low power mode charging for its fitness bands and Bluetooth headsets and the a two-way USB cable that works both for USB Type C and microUSB ports.

When it came to release their newest iteration of the very popular power bank they decided to double down on their promises. The Mi Power Bank 2i which was unveiled yesterday picks up on Xiaomi’s motto of providing excellent features at relatively cheaper rates. To achieve this feat they have partnered with Hipad Technology and built their third contract manufacturing unit in India. You might be aware that Xiaomi assembles certain smartphones like the Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 4A in two facilities in Andhra Pradesh which it built in partnership with Foxconn. The new facility shall manufacture power banks and will employ 500 people initially. The facility is located in Gurugram and is spread over 2.3lakh square feet. Since Xiaomi now manufactures these power banks locally they can cut down on costs and transfer the benefit to its customers.

Mi_Power_bank_2i (1)

The Mi Power Bank 2i will be available in two variants, 10000mAh and 20000mAh. The 10000mAh capacity Mi Power Bank 2i costs Rs. 799, this is much cheaper than the 10000mAh Mi Power Bank Pro which costs Rs. 1,499 and the 10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2 which retails for Rs. 1,099. The 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i will retail for Rs. 1,499 which is also cheaper as compared to the current Mi Power Bank 2 of the same capacity that retails for Rs. 1,999. The new Mi Power Bank 2i series is also cheaper as compared to the next best selling power bank brand in India, Ambrane. The Mi Power Bank 2i is also better than its predecessors as it provides fast two-way charging for its 20000mAh variant.

The Mi Power Bank 2i 20000mAh is a recommended buy as its supports Quick Charging 3.0 when you are using its primary port. Unlike power banks from Ambrane which take more than a night’s time to fully recharge, Xiaomi says if you have an 18W fast charger you can fully charge the 10000mAh variant in 4.2hours and if you have a 9V/2A fast charger you can fully charge the 20000mAh variant in 6.2hours. Xiaomi is also honest in reporting the actual output which might expect from the Mi Power Bank 2i. The 10000mAh variant has output capacity of 6500mAh and the 20000mAh variant gives out 13000mAh.

Mi_Power_bank_2i (2)

Inside the Mi Power Bank 2i you can find 14.2mm lithium polymer batteries. The Mi Power Bank 2i comes with nine layers of circuit chip protection. These measures protect it from outside temperature, input overvoltage, output overvoltage, short circuit, incorrect insertion, overcharge and discharge, output overcurrent and also give it a reset mechanism and PTC protective circuits for the cell. Unlike the older 10000mAh power banks from Xiaomi the Mi Power Bank 2i has dual USB ports. The Mi Power Bank 2i will go on sale tomorrow at 12noon on the Mi website.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do you remember how the wobbling bridge physics problem used to excite or trouble us in school days? As it seems, a group of scientists at the Georgia State University...
Xiaomi India has brought an exciting exchange offer for smartphone buyers this winter. Starting now, any buyer who wants to buy a Xiaomi smartphone can avail a discount by exchanging...
The country's leading automaker Maruti Suzuki has unveiled a limited edition variant of their best seller Maruti Suzuki Swift in both petrol and diesel variant. Priced at Rs 6.34 lacs...
Have you ever went to a home decor store? If yes, then most of the furniture that you have seen are classified as ready-made furniture. On the other hand, custom...
Bajaj Electricals has launched Navachar - an innovation challenge at finding answers to the problem that India is facing. Despite becoming a power-surplus nation, close to 60million households in India...