Xiaomi Chose India Over China For Global Mi Phone Premiere On April 23rd

As the company tweeted the message "i IS COMING" from its official account and asked people to register for their Global Mi Phone Premiere slated to happen on 23 April in New Delhi, all Mi fans are excited and poised about the new gadget launch the week after next. It is interesting to note that the Chinese manufacturer chose India over China for introducing their brand new smartphone. The tweet stated that the event will be attended by Xiaomi Global Vice-President Hugo Barra, CEO Lei Jun and President Bin Lin. Now, if you are wondering why India has been such a hot market for Mi, well let's take a tour of the company's growth in last few months.

After introducing Xiaomi Redmi 1S Review: The Best Budget Smartphone In India For Rs. 6000 and Note in India, the company faced a lot of trouble followingXiaomi Xiaomi, Yes Papa. Secretly Uploading Pics? No Papa! that their phone was secretly uploading photos and text messages to Chinese server. The news caused havoc until Hugo Barra came out in public stating that it was a false rumour. Later, as the company's sales in India were soaring, the news about the Xiaomi MiTV Price In India & Feature Details with its kick-ass features are incredibly low pricing appeared. Mi fans had all the more reason to love their favourite company by then. The new year put a wider smile on their faces as Xiaomi declared that it had climbed up to the third place among smartphone manufacturers globally and soon Xiaomi Redmi 2S Launched in China, Sale Begins January 9 was launched in China.

Since January 2015, Mi India has been steadily launching all its top products in India and they are being really well received. For instance, soon after the global launch of Xiaomi Mi Note and Note Pro : Features, Specs and Price Announced, Xiaomi Mi Box Mini Set-up Box and Mi Headphones Launched Today, the company introduced Xiaomi Mi4 Price In India And Flipkart Launch Dates Revealed. As India was getting hit by sale after sale on Flipkart's flash model happening every other Tuesday, Xiaomi spilled the details aboutXiaomi MiTV 2 - The 40-Inch Variant With 1080p Display Unveiled and it goes without saying that the recent Xiaomi Launches Redmi 2 And MiPad in India - Flipkart Sale On March 24 in India has been a grand success.

xiaomi-mi-launch-india-april

After Mi India posted a tweet with the message ‘i IS COMING’, many must have flocked the company website to register for the event all set to happen at the Siri Fort: Asian Games Village Complex on April 23rd afternoon. It was recently declared that Xiaomi will shunning its flash sale model on Flipkart and their smartphones and tablets will now be sold via all popular ecommerce sites including Amazon.in and Snapdeal.com among few others.

The company has proved time and again about its mettle in conducting monstrous sales of its devices globally. It is worth sharing that the Mi recently entered Guinness Book of World Records as it sold more than 2 million phones in the flash sale that lasted half a day.

Xiaomi is riding high on its wave of success and there have been reports suggesting that the next Samsung for the west will be from China. A lot of speculations are making rounds of the internet about the probable device that might be under wraps and set to be unveiled on April 23rd event. The company has been really successful in keeping the specifications under the wraps and therefore no word has been out yet about the new smartphone's features. Most reports guess that it could be the Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone. What are your guesses? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    In past Xiaomi has shown potential and released products that are value for money. For 23rd event they have not given much of the clue of the next device but they have already done good thing in announcing that the new device would be available on all major e-commerce sites in India.

This may prove as a master stroke and can improve their sale. What's your say?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally Gnome 3.16 is moved from 'testing' to 'All' in Arch repository. Gnome DE is turning out to be more and more awesome with some major and minor changes. PS...
Valve, the company behind Steam is giving out all steam library games to Mesa developers who have 25 or more patches in past 5 years. Valve in past made all...
Hi , This Smart Spider is controlled through Smartphone/Tablet via Bluetooth Low Energy (PSoC4 BLE). Designed for PSoC® Pioneer Challenge 2015 by Ashok R Vote@ https://review.wizehive.com/voting/view/photocontest2015/29382/2971274/0
I search after information that can explain to me more about what a control engineer in robotics company should to know how to do in these areas: 1. Choose the...
i have coded to convert the date format dd/mm/yyyy to ddmmyyyy in javascript but its not working . i have attached my snippet here, kindly tell me what mistake i...