Xbox One Gets Twitch App Update For Broadcasting, Chatting & Notifications

As promised by the folks over at Twitch, the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, Xbox One today receives the Twitch app update. This version features a lot of interesting facilities including the one to broadcast your games by just saying "Xbox, Broadcast!". Yep. All your Xbox friends will get notified once you go live. Users can position the webcam PIP in any corner of their screen to best fit to their game. The broadcasting feature also lets you interact with other broadcasters using the most lines of chat available on a console - using using your subscription-based emotes and chat badges. Other than the update brings features for viewing live gameplay from any Twitch source: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, etc.

Other than all that, users can get choose to get notifications when their favorite gamers are broadcasting. For Xbox One broadcasts, you can view the broadcaster’s Xbox Live profile and send them a party request and join their game. If you happen to be a Turbo subscriber, well you get an ad-free experience.

twitch_broadcasting_release_xbox_one

Last week, the Twitch guys also announced the Twitch Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK) to enable the live broadcasting, capturing and archiving of mobile games. The Twitch mobile SDK for Android as well as iOS offers a lot of features including - ability to capture and broadcast gameplay video and audio, Video capture from the front-facing cam, Audio capture using an internal or external microphone, Robust chat options including emoticons badges and chat colors etc.

Take a look at a broadcasting demonstration from Twitch in the following video -

Are you a Xbox fan? Share your thoughts on this with us in comments.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Friends I am doing my final year project related to hydraulic. I need some clarifications.. In all the websites i have referred the specific gravity for the hydraulic oil HLP46...
permissible stress for mild steel,cast nylon
Even though we all have used a lot of photo-filter apps, not all of us have liked them. It seems like a new app on iOS has arrived to change...
Raj Sarkar submitted a new project: LUPO (Smart Tags) - Lupo helps to FIND, SECURE & CONTROL all Bluetooth devices with a single keychain device Lupo is the world's first...
The internet is flooded with iPhone 6 concept videos, but a recent good news has come up for all iPhone fans as another, somewhat acceptable video has arrived. A British...