writing a program in MATLAB using interfacing of parallel port

hello guys it's my first topic in this amazing SITE ..
i want to ask about learning how to make a programs in matlab and interfacing using PARALLEL PORT .

i have an example
Write a program to light a number of LEDS
corresponding to an input variable in the
MATLAB.
Variable = 0 (no LED on)
Variable = 1 (1 LED on)
Variable= 2 (2 LED’s on)

(y=input('X=')
daqhwinfo('parallel')
dio=digitalio('parallel','LPT1')
input=addline(dio,0:7,'out')
if y==1
putvalue(dio, [0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1])
end
if y==2
putvalue(dio, [0 0 0 1 1 0 1 1])
end
if y==3
putvalue(dio, [0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1])
end

if y==0 putvalue(dio, [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0])
end )
i really understand the program from the first till
""input=addline(dio,0:7,'out')""
but after this line i didn't understand the sequence of 1,0 in putvalue(dio, [0 0 0 1 1 0 01])
i want to know what is [0 0 0 11 001] i knew that parallel port have 8 data pins but what is the sequence that he used in this program and why ?!
i need to understand how to write a program because i have a project
""Write a program to simulate any case from
your creation.
Use in your project the chip (L293D) do drive
a motor clock wise and anti clock wise
through a MATLAB code.""

so i really finding a problems in understanding the language of matlab !! any help please 😀
THANKS IN ADVANCE 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to make my 1st pcb.i need ideas 4 mini projects which include pcb
Hi, i m EXTC engg.studying in last year. I need you to plz give me final year project ideas related to Communication Systems, Networking, GSM, WiMAX, VoIP, 3G Technologies or...
CrazyEngineers Free Mock Aptitude Test - 3 On 7th August At 5:00 P.M. NOTICE: You must be CrazyEngineers Forum Member to participate in test. Those who do not have CE...
hi to every body ...........😀 Differentiation in the digital domain, what does it mean? i know with this , we can find the edges of image but i want to...
I'm Mihai from RO, new on this forum. Hope I can be helpful with networking, security and OS topics. You can find be on LinkedIN: Mihai Dobos - Romania |...