Write To Win - Discussions

Discuss the announcement : #-Link-Snipped-# in this thread

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me help you with the topics :

[Note: While these are just ideas to get you started; you are free to interpret the topics in your own way and write.]

1. Engineers against terrorism.

One of the biggest hurdles in making the world a better place to live - Terrorism. How can engineers work together against terrorism? Think how can technology be developed for enhancing security. How can engineers team up against terrorism?

2. Future of transportation.

How would you like to have the transportation in 2030/2050? What are the challenges faced by current systems? How can engineers tackle those challenges? Think think!

3. The problem(s) I'd love to solve (as an engineer).

What are the problems that you see around you and how'd you go about fixing them? The problems could be technical or non-technical. All you need is an engineers' approach towards the problem. Think and write about it!

I hope this brief helps you get started. Post your thoughts and comments in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good initiative again started in CE for
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Expecting lot of participation this time!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I hope this doesn't go the CE innovator contest way
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    I have some queries about the contest.

1. As CE has international audience I think the problem of plagiarism/unintentional plagiarism should be taken account.
    So have any arrangement like article checker or kind of been made?
    2. If a person can write in more than one category?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    frodo.rok
    I have some queries about the contest.

1. As CE has international audience I think the problem of plagiarism/unintentional plagiarism should be taken account.
    So have any arrangement like article checker or kind of been made?
    Its easy to identify copied article. Moreover, we have international audience so anyone can identify copied stuff.

frodo.rok
    2. If a person can write in more than one category?
    Sure! Read this -

"
    1. You may choose to write on any number of topics. There is no limit to the length of article."

Waiting for the articles ๐Ÿ˜

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea is nice. The prize is cool. So what are you all waiting for?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    $$$

*wide grin*

Id sure love to do this, but I'm pretty sure I will procrastinate like last time ๐Ÿ˜” Maybe someone can write an engineer's solution to that? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep. Say following words to yourself every-time you need a motivation.

"Screw It! Let's Do It!"
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    "Easier said than done"

๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not a single entry yet? Where are you all? Don't you want cool, personalized CE T Shirts?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    May be the prize isn't motivating enough. :-(
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah. I think. Its damn difficult to get the sponsors these days.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep, looks like the recession hit the creativity of engineers too!

๐Ÿ˜‰
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    This contest reminds me of my school days when our English teacher used to give us 3-5 topics for writing an essay in English exam paper ;-).I think if instead of making it a contest, it would have been a normal thread , lot of ideas from CEans must have come.

Anyways ,Please wait for my entries(atleast 1 for sure). Last date is too far.

Other CEans, get ready to compete with me ๐Ÿ˜€ or am i going to be the only participant and only winner of all t-shirts? Common guys send your entries.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Waiting ๐Ÿ˜€ If no one else competes with Shalini, she'll walk away with a cool CE Tshirt! ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yeah!! i remeber my mom used to make me mug up those essays!!! that was serious uff in english exams.. i hated them...i basically cant go in more descrption than i know.. so cant write elaboratly,,

lemme give it a try .. late then never ๐Ÿ˜€

3 more days hugh???!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Time is running out ๐Ÿ˜”
  • shivendrashivam
    shivendrashivam
    i am a new joinee....is it here that i need to post my written article.....
  • shivendrashivam
    shivendrashivam
    I am a new joinee......where do i need to post my written article????????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello Shivendrashivam, please post your article in Announcements/Articles Discussions section as a new post. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Very happy to see more and more CEans are coming out with their ideas ๐Ÿ˜. I know still few more want to come. Common guys, write your minds on paper ,today is last day ๐Ÿ˜”.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEs! If anyone of you has worked on Zeliosoft and can throw some light on it, then please reply here. I am an electronics & instrumentation engg. student and...
Question: How many of the positive factors of the number 36,000,000 are not perfect squares. Any answer without an explanation is spam. :smile:
Puzzle taken from IBM. Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | November 2008 challenges ponder[sup]this[/sup] = ponder... โ€‹ I.e., the result of raising the 6-digits number "ponder" to the power...
Hey People, Cheers!!! Can anybody please explain what is XBox and PS2 in computer gaming? Thanks
CEans, CAT [The Common Admission Test] 2008 is over. While the results will be declared on 9[sup]th[/sup] Jan 2009, a large number of CAT takers already know their result. Those...