Wrecker

Hello friends..

I am trying to build a bot that can withstand heavy destruction.
For this i am designing the body with acrylic sheets that are tough and durable or i am thinking of aluminium.

As for the movement, it is a four wheel drive and i am using counter steering for turnings. Here comes my problem, while using this mechanism i have two switches for operating motors on each side of the bot. I want the signal from the remote to be sent to the motors only if both the switches are active.

While i am operating a bot i dont want the bot to be destabilised due to the fact that there is a minute time gap in pressing the switches. To avoid this someone suggested me to use a microcontroller so that the signal is passed to the motors only when both the control switches are active in forward or in reverse. Can anybody help me with this microcontroller thing??

Also i am thinking of placing a loader or you can say a movable loader or guard like thing as in a bulldozer and other thing. I want to move it up or down and for this i have an idea of using a motor and brass tooth pins as in watches but i am not getting the idea of how to place them so that they do not object the movement motors.

Please help.....

Replies

• Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    you are using a ready-made remote controller ?
  • Swetha Jain A
    Swetha Jain A
    Hey even i am having a problem while attempting to create robo.. the problem i am facing is that how to transfer the program from computer to microprocessor.
    the microprocessor used here is picaxe 28x1 IC.

please help..
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    No i am using a transmitter receiver pair.
    an 8 channel paired module so hat i can build my own remote.
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    Swetha Jain A
    Hey even i am having a problem while attempting to create robo.. the problem i am facing is that how to transfer the program from computer to microprocessor.
    the microprocessor used here is picaxe 28x1 IC.

please help..
    As for the transfer of program, it can be done using an interfacing network through which you can connect your microprocessor to your computer through USB. But for the given microprocessor i dont know which interfacing network to use. May be you should ask the store guy where you bought the IC or some faculty or Lab assistants they can help you in that.
  • Swetha Jain A
    Swetha Jain A
    hey thanks for the help. can u suggest any other processor for the robot??
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    >>so you are using a HT12D 12 E paired with 433 KHz transmitter / receiver ? or directly wiring 'em up?
    >>use a servo for the moving bulldozer thingies.. a 33 kg c.m type will do. look in robokits india.
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    pic axe mm.. i think it comes with serial/usb interface and programming software. try the help file provided in it. if in case of me, i will first compile the hex file and burn on to the PIC (have a universal programmer) and then set the config bits. 😀
  • Swetha Jain A
    Swetha Jain A
    thanks for your suggestions😀i may need your help in future so ll get back to you😒
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    yeah .. for sure, happy to help.
  • cruisetjj
    cruisetjj
    dheerajkvs
    Hello friends..

As for the movement, it is a four wheel drive and i am using counter steering for turnings. Here comes my problem, while using this mechanism i have two switches for operating motors on each side of the bot. I want the signal from the remote to be sent to the motors only if both the switches are active.

While i am operating a bot i dont want the bot to be destabilised due to the fact that there is a minute time gap in pressing the switches. To avoid this someone suggested me to use a microcontroller so that the signal is passed to the motors only when both the control switches are active in forward or in reverse. Can anybody help me with this microcontroller thing??

Please help.....
    If you want a solution without microcontroller, you can use logic gates. Use an AND gate. You will need four AND gates, 2 two-position switches and a motor controller (L293d will do). Connect wires from the forward position of both switches to one gate, backward position to one gate. To the other two gates connect one forward other reverse (2 cases for left and right turning). Now connect the output of these gates to the motor controller enable pins (such that you get desired motion). I know this description is very brief. If you need help, i can explain.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mood Indigo Twitter Meet Mood Indigo brings to you a platform to decide what you want to witness on the grandest stage of 'em all, The Pronites. Mood Indigo, the...
😀😀i m happy to b here.do let me know more about projects.
hi all........i am alok and wish to interact with you people.
MIT's Citycar has been prototyped. MIT expects the car to be production ready in 2013. CHeck out the video demo of the car - [video=youtube;G1MSMj08BVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1MSMj08BVU&feature=player_embedded[/video]
HP's done something awesome. They are giving away premium apps for free. Check out the details - Glimpse (Inglorious Apps, $5, injoj55410gavxv): Amp up your TouchPad multitasking to 11 using...