Would you recommend using Heroku?

I'm building a web app, and need a hosting platform. I've heard about heroku, which happens to support a lot of languages like PHP, ruby, python, etc.

Also, I do not plan to get a paid hosting now. So would you recommend using heroku?
If yes, why?
If no, what do you think is a better alternative?

Note: I'll be mainly using PHP, SQL

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I haven't used Heroku; but have heard lot of good things about them on various forums. I think the choice would ultimately depend upon what your specific requirements are and what your budget permits.
  • Jash Mota
    Jash Mota
    So in a scenario where one wants a free hosting with about 5 databases and about 2000MB storage and decent bandwidth, is heroku a good option? Or is there a better alternative?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jash Mota
    So in a scenario where one wants a free hosting with about 5 databases and about 2000MB storage and decent bandwidth, is heroku a good option? Or is there a better alternative?
    I can definitely recommend DigitalOcean for it lets you customize your server the way you want. I'm not sure about the free tire though.
  • Jash Mota
    Jash Mota
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I can definitely recommend DigitalOcean for it lets you customize your server the way you want. I'm not sure about the free tire though.
    I see they have server only at Bangalore. Won't that be affecting performance, speed?
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Jash Mota
    I see they have server only at Bangalore. Won't that be affecting performance, speed?
    I won't be worrying about that at initial stages.
    Lag due to network would be far less than the bottleneck in the application.
    If you have optimized everything and still have problems due to network lag, then you can always opt for better tiers or another host.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wishing CEan @Ambarish Ganesh a very happy and prosperous birthday 🎉
Born and brought up in Hyderabad, Kranthi Kumar hails from a lower middle-class family. In the neighborhood he grew up, an academic bent of mind led a person to lead...
Zoho takes on Zendesk, Freshdesk with platform built in a village Designed by over 150 engineers, Zoho Desk, a customer software platform, has been built in over five years
Hey Filled out form for coming cdac exam. Need a lot of help.
Meizu, in a recent event unveiled M3X and Pro 6 Plus smartphones in China priced at CNY 1,699 (roughly Rs. 16,900) and CNY 2,999 (roughly Rs. 29,900) respectively. The devices...