Worst things about Android - Share your thoughts.

Developers love Android. That is what people keep telling each other at common-man level. In the age of the war between the operating systems, the one between Android and iOS and Windows is the major one for smartphones. If you ever have to choose between your first smartphone's OS, some people have clear thoughts about why they choose one OS over other. I want CEans here to list down why they would reject Android for other OSes.
Even if you have an Android phone, there must be some things about it that you completely dislike. What are those? Let us make a collection of 'The Worst Things About Android' so that even the folks over at Google know why some people hate their OS.

From what I've gathered over the years, I can see that there are major reasons why people would care to hate Android. Listing them in short here, so that CEans can discuss this at length in replies.

1. Android apps and Android Marketplace is a disorganized module of the OS. The apps run in the wild and are responsible for a significant loss in the battery. Whereas in the Google Play Store, the apps being under no proper scrutinization, the ones that may harm your precious phones sometimes run at the top even thought they are not the best apps. Even toggling between apps is a painful experience.

2. Android phones are not as intuitive as Windows and iOS.

What do CEans think about the minus points of Android?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The worst thing about Android, I've noticed is the battery life. Though the OS competes directly with the iOS from Apple, it's nowhere closer to the efficiency. I don't know the internals and the phone settings don't show Android as a battery eater; but the fact is that no Android smartphone lasts for more than 1-1.5 days on a single charge. Someone more familiar with the internals of Android may help us understand what makes it so.

The second thing I do not like about Android is that it's home to pirated apps. Someone needs to make Android more secure.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    The worst thing about Android, I've noticed is the battery life.
    The second thing I do not like about Android is that it's home to pirated apps. Someone needs to make Android more secure.
    Yes Battery life is not good for most of android phones. One of reason is * phone manufacturer tends to provide phone at low cost.

Piracy: I was just looking out for piracy rate on iOS and android . and found that both suffers from this.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Here are some more Piracy rates are higher on iOS than on Android, developer says | Ubergizmo
    And DeadTrigger is also now goes free for iOS too.
    #-Link-Snipped-#"Maybe the company just wanted to offer both version for free. Either way, the company still considers piracy to be a problem on both Android and iOS. Here's what Madfinger CEO Marek Raba told #-Link-Snipped-#:"

But I believe that Android is open source and based on java which is most secure , Google can stop piracy easily.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I noticed that almost every smartphone running android has battery life that isn't 'impressive'. Just more than a day is 'not done'. Of course, the actual length of battery life would depend on several factors, the major one being the way the phone's being used. But I've observed that with similar usage, my Samsung Wave S8500 lasted for about 3-5 days while the Galaxy Note did only 1-1.5 day max. It's also the display that consumes lot of power. I'm not sure about SAMOLED's pressure on battery; but the Retina seems to be doing wonders.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Completed Electronics & Communication Engineering graduation (B.E.) from AC College of Engineering & Technology, Karaikudi, Madurai University in the year 1973. Joined the Govt. of India service at MSME Development...
So, today morning I was reading about Apple's new data center in North Carolina and saw the majority of tech blogs discussing the huge 100 acres of area it covers...
So we've a new standard in wireless communications from Intel, called WiGig. The new standard, to be certified in 2013 will offer speeds up to 7 Gbps - just enough...
sir i'm an cse student and i wish to be in automobile field as it is my favourite field whether there is any problem in entering the automobile field
Ankit Fadia's website has been hacked and it looks like the hacker's making fun of Mr. Fadia. Check this out: https://www.crazyengineers.com/ankit-fadias-website-ankitfadia-in-gets-hacked-5015/