World's First wearable 3D TV by SONY

Ever thought of your wearable 3D TV?
Sony had come-up with the world's first wearable peronal 3D viewer in India @just 69,900. This would be available for use by mid- November 2013. However Pre-orders can be made at Sony's official website.

Specs as per SONY official website:
Audio Features
Linear PCM : 2/ 5.1
Preset Audio Mode : Standard; Cinema; Game; Pure AV; Off (2ch)
Virtual Surround : Yes (5.1)

Display
Aspect Ratio : 16:09
Display Device : OLED Panel x 2
Display Resolution : 1280x720
Field of View : 45 degree
Gradation : RGB 24bit
Virtual Image Size : 750 inches at 65 feet distance (effectively 150" at 12 feet)

Measurements (Approx.)
Cable Length : 3.5m (Between Head Mounted Unit and Processor Unit)
Dimension (W x H x D) : Approx.210mm x 196mm x 110mm (Head Mounted Unit)*without bands/ 180mm x 36mm x 168mm (Processor Unit)Video Features

Picture Mode :
Standard; Cinema; Dinamic; Custom
Picture Settings : Clear Black; Picture; Brightness; Color tempreture; Sharpness
Picture control for dark adaptation : Yes
Pure Image Realizer : Frame noise reduction; Block noise reduction; Mosquito noise reduction
SBM for Video : Yes

Convenience Features
Auto Power Off : Yes (6 hours)
Prolonged Viewing Warning : Yes (3 hours)
Video Pass-through Function : Yes (when Glasses are off)
Wearing Sensor : Yes
HDMI CEC
CEC Control : Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Fast-forward, Fast-rewind

System Configurations
Head Mounted Unit : Yes
Processor Unit : Yes

Weights (Approx.)
Unit : Approx 14.8oz (420g)- Headmounted Unit (cable not included) / 1 Lb 5oz (600g)- Processor Unit

#-Link-Snipped-#

Would you like to order a one for you?

-CB

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    How does wearable 3D TV works ?
    I mean, everything from processing of image to broadcasting on glass ?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    How does wearable 3D TV works ?
    I mean, everything from processing of image to broadcasting on glass ?
    watch out..

-CB
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    watch out..
    I have watched this video, I want theoretical/pictorial explanation with classy explanation of all concepts for wearable 3D glass, which sadly I couldn't find anywhere ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    This could have been a success if it looked sexy and had a camera, Oh wait! Google Glass, Yea.. Thats gonna be a huge success. ;p
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    nishant arora
    This could have been a success if it looked sexy and had a camera, Oh wait! Google Glass, Yea.. Thats gonna be a huge success. ;p
    And why would you need a camera in TV ?

Sony's 3D TV & Google Glass, both are totally different concept, aren't they ?
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    They are different concepts today but not for long. Pretty soon Glass is gonna do all that your smartphone can do today. The lines between different gadgets is blurring fast, Even my Sony LED can now Skype!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    nishant arora
    They are different concepts today but not for long. Pretty soon Glass is gonna do all that your smartphone can do today. The lines between different gadgets is blurring fast, Even my Sony LED can now Skype!
    How ?
    Can you elaborate ?
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Sure, Hit this link- #-Link-Snipped-# and check for network features to know more. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    nishant arora
    Sure, Hit this link- #-Link-Snipped-# and check for network features to know more. ๐Ÿ˜€
    LOL I know all of these bloody technologies.
    What I wanna know is, what & how you think that Glasses gonna replace smartphones.
    I wanna know, do you really think Google Glass is replacement to Smartphones ?IF yes, then Why ?
    Google Glass versus Smart-watches, both will be able to do "almost" same job , then if Google glass is replacement to smartphones then Smart-watches can be replacement to Google glass too, right ?
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Lmao I had a suspicion that you knew that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, Glass will eventually win against the smart watches. Having Glass on is effortless, It requires practically no effort of any sort and that is the zillion $ idea.

So it probably will soon get a great camera and you will easily be able to make voice calls as you can currently talk to Glass via voice commands. The projector will improve by leaps and bounds and so will the processor. The battery life on it sucks right now but even that will soon be a thing of the past. Even Google says that its in beta currently! The future is nearer than we think. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The day Glass provides something similar in functionality to pinch-to-zoom, it will replace smartphones. Till then, it can only act as an add-on.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I found this idea from my friend really interesting But eye tracking to replace touch

that seems a legitimate idea for replacing touch and eventually an effective interface between user and the glass which he is wearing
  • nishant arora
    nishant arora
    Anand Tamariya
    The day Glass provides something similar in functionality to pinch-to-zoom, it will replace smartphones. Till then, it can only act as an add-on.
    Pinch to zoom can easily be replicated. You could use your voice to command Glass to zoom or even use the touch pad on the frame to zoom in or out. Web browsing and similar activities on the other hand are questionable but there definitely is someone at google or elsewhere figuring this out for us to enjoy!๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can you think crazily that your body heat is used for charging your phone device? If answer is Yes, then let me tell you its proved as a true dream....
Hey guys, So I'm based in New Delhi, India and really wanna learn to program in RoR. I'm fairly good with computers and even know a bit of HTML/CSS but...
I'm about to enter my final year in school. could I get suggestions on a cheap but innovative final project
what is the difference between BJT and power BJT? what are the applications of each of them?
what is the basic difference between the terms 'electrical' and 'electronics'?