World's First Talking Robot Astronaut 'Kirobo' Awaits His Spaceman At The ISS. It Too, Has A Dream.

"Good morning to every one of you people on Earth. I am robot astronaut Kirobo. I am the world's first talking robot astronaut. Nice to meet you," blabbers the world's first talking robot astronaut 'Kirobo', all alone aboard the International Space Station, as he awaits Japanese spaceman Koichi Wakata to give him company. The 34-centimeter measuring wide-eyed Android said in a message released by its project team- "Mr. Wakata, are you not here yet? I really want to see you soon."

kibo-iss-launch-date

This humanoid is a collaborative effort between the advertising firm Dentsu, the University of Tokyo, Toyota and robot developer Robo Garage.The 1kg-weighing robot is programmed to interact in Japanese and it keeps records of its conversations with Wakata, the first Japanese astronaut ever to command the International Space station. Kirobo departed Earth on a Cargo carrying rocket and touched ISS base on 10th August. Koichi Wakata, along with Russia's Mikhail Tyurin and NASA's Rick Mastracchio shall board the Soyuz-FG rocket set to launch from from Kazakhstan at 0414 GMT Thursday on a six-hour run to ISS.

Kirobo is an attempt to study in what way a non-human companion offers emotional support to the astronauts who stay isolated for long periods of time. "My dream is to see human beings and robots live together as friends. I will talk to you a lot from space so please listen to my chats, " says the robot.

Watch Kirobo speaking from space here:

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends .. can you say me the website where i can get the definitons of electrical and electronic components and also the definitons in power systems....
I am in trouble to decide which Laptop to purchase. I have the following specifications in my mind Minimum 6GB RAM 750GB HDD DVD R/RW drive Any processor Graphics (not...
Our friends at Texas Instruments (TI) have organised the second edition of MCU Deep Dive events in Pune, Bangalore and New Delhi. The events are aimed at educating the modern...
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) has announced that they're shipping world's thinnest HDD with 2TB capacity - the Spinpoint™ M9T. It's just 9.5 mm thick thin and is available in...
Lenovo has launched the IdeaPad Flex notebook in India today at a price tag of Rs. 42,250. Running the Windows 8 operating system, the laptop operates in dual-mode and features...