World's Fastest Stopwatch - CERN's Large Hadron Collider

Scientists at the Vienna Institute Of Technology are #-Link-Snipped-# a new use of the CERN's Large Hadron Collider - as the world's fasetest stopwatch. The heavy ion collisions will lead to shortest light pulses ever created. These pulses are so short (billionths of a billionths of a second, 10^-18 seconds) that they can't be measured by current generation of equipments. The engineers are now developing new detectors that will be installed at CERN in 2018.

More: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need to conduct an online survey. I was looking for an online survey tool and came across SurveyMonkey, freeonlinesurveys.com, surveygizmo. I'm confused which one to use. I'm looking for...
hi guys i am new to this CE . i have applied for gate 2013 mech stream and got confused wen i saw the syllabus. please somebody tel me the...
Guys i am frustrated by finishing this course, i did not get employed any where, since i am lagging in programming skill. . Finally i have decided to execute my...
Hi everyone, I have completed my B.E in Computer science and fascinated about operating system development, Compiler deveopment, but i want the required training. I have heard about the Cdac...
Iam willing to learn labview and even extend it for a CLAD(certified labview associate developer ) certification. can you guys provide some guidance.....