View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12829 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
friendster7
friendster7 • Apr 2, 2008

Worlds Biggest Swimming Pool

Worlds Biggest Swimming Pool

Already drawing the crowds in the South American [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif]resort[/FONT][/FONT] of San Alfonso del Mar in Chile, this artificial lagoon and swimming pool is eight hectares in size and contains an incredible 250,000 cubic meters of water. Acknowledged by Guinness World [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif]Records[/FONT][/FONT] as being the world’s largest swimming pool, the lagoon trounces all other record holders in the category, including the Orthlieb pool in Casablanca, Morocco, itself a huge 150 meters by 100 meters – the San Alfonso pool is 1km in length.

[​IMG]

The revolutionary clear water artificial lagoons, transparent to a depth of 35 meters and unprecedented in design and construction methods, are the brainchild of [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Trebuchet MS,Sans-Serif,Georgia,Courier,Times New Roman,Serif]Crystal[/FONT][/FONT] Lagoons founder, biochemist and Chilean businessman Fernando Fischmann. Equivalent in size to an incredible 6,000 standard domestic pools, details of its technology are to be unveiled for the first time at Cityscape Dubai later this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Mayur Pathak
Mayur Pathak • Jul 2, 2008
Wow! This is some structural engineering. Did you know that designing and constructing a swimming pool is as difficult as constructing a bridge?
KINETIC_JOULES
KINETIC_JOULES • Jul 2, 2008
Wow! That's a HUGE swimming pool!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Jul 2, 2008
mayurpathak
Wow! This is some structural engineering. Did you know that designing and constructing a swimming pool is as difficult as constructing a bridge?
Really? Can you tell us more?
raj87verma88
raj87verma88 • Jul 2, 2008
It is not that big.
Usually I swim around 10,000 laps of a pool. In this one I could only do 9,999 laps. Will try it again today😛😛😛😛😛😛
Ashraf HZ
Ashraf HZ • Jul 3, 2008
The_Big_K
Really? Can you tell us more?
I'd like to know too! I've seen those Engineering documentaries on TV about bridge construction, and I find it quite hard to believe swimming pools are just as difficult!

Share this content on your social channels -