Worlds Biggest Swimming Pool

Worlds Biggest Swimming Pool

Already drawing the crowds in the South American#-Link-Snipped-# of San Alfonso del Mar in Chile, this artificial lagoon and swimming pool is eight hectares in size and contains an incredible 250,000 cubic meters of water. Acknowledged by Guinness World #-Link-Snipped-# as being the world’s largest swimming pool, the lagoon trounces all other record holders in the category, including the Orthlieb pool in Casablanca, Morocco, itself a huge 150 meters by 100 meters – the San Alfonso pool is 1km in length.

[​IMG]

The revolutionary clear water artificial lagoons, transparent to a depth of 35 meters and unprecedented in design and construction methods, are the brainchild of #-Link-Snipped-# Lagoons founder, biochemist and Chilean businessman Fernando Fischmann. Equivalent in size to an incredible 6,000 standard domestic pools, details of its technology are to be unveiled for the first time at Cityscape Dubai later this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Wow! This is some structural engineering. Did you know that designing and constructing a swimming pool is as difficult as constructing a bridge?
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Wow! That's a HUGE swimming pool!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    Wow! This is some structural engineering. Did you know that designing and constructing a swimming pool is as difficult as constructing a bridge?
    Really? Can you tell us more?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    It is not that big.
    Usually I swim around 10,000 laps of a pool. In this one I could only do 9,999 laps. Will try it again today😛😛😛😛😛😛
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Really? Can you tell us more?
    I'd like to know too! I've seen those Engineering documentaries on TV about bridge construction, and I find it quite hard to believe swimming pools are just as difficult!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Windows Firewall ​ ​ What is Windows Firewall?​ A firewall helps to keep your computer more secure. It restricts information that comes to your computer from other computers, giving you...
GENETICALLY-ENGINEERED HUMANS HAVE ALREADY BEEN BORN The earthshaking news appeared in the medical journal Human Reproduction under the impenetrable headline: "Mitochondria in Human Offspring Derived From Ooplasmic Transplantation." The media...
Hi Friends Im facing a wiered problem with my CPU. The problem is when ever i start my PC, the processor fan starts rotating faster than the normal speed which...
good to be with people havin common sense..
Hi, I have a small motorcycle engine, a single cylinder, two-stroke, 39cc blata 'replica' engine to be precise. This runs a simple magneto type system to produce spark at the...