Working Of SCR On ac

scr can turn 'on' by applying dc...can it also turn on by applying ac source???

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An SCR comes on when a forward current passes from the gate to the cathode. Once switched on it remains on so long as the minimum holding current passes from the anode to the cathode. When the reverse voltage is applied it behaves like a reverse biased diode.
    Unless the gate is forward biased, the SCR will not trigger. If an AC is applied. The scr will trigger on positive half cycle. If the AC is also applied to the anode and cathode, the SCR comes on during positive half cycles.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fiat 500L mini-MPV has come up with a new idea of in-built coffee machine. The coffee maker is placed above a heating element between the front seats. Water within the...
Hello engineers. i was wondering if anyone coud help me out with the application of Coanda effect in designing of hovercrafts. i've read that it is used but how ?

hi

HI, i am a engineering student, department of electrical and electronics engineering
crazy for java applications
MARY KOM, India - won the Bronze medal in Women's 51 Kg Boxing. She couldn't go past ADAMS (GBR) to remain in contention for silver or Gold, however become the...