Work from home with no explicit offer letter.

Hello guys,
I'm a B.E. grad 2015 who's completed software testing course and looking for job opportunities.
So, I got this opportunity to work from home for a company (LLC) StoAmigo International for QA contractor position.
I had to write a technical test online. After I cleared it, I went through further rounds of interview through Skype chat.
During stating of terms and policies, I was told that I will not be provided with any explicit offer letter but will receive agreement documents after I mail my documents. Also, on me being very particular, was told that in the case of experience/relevance letter also, I will be provided with only those on plain paper(without any letterhead i.e seal/logo) with the manager's sign from the Head office at the US.

I'm totally confused as to proceed further or not. 😔
Please please help. Do I take up this job or no?
As of now, I have said yes to all the terms and am yet to mail my documents after which I will receive the agreement documents which I need to complete and sign.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you sure the company you interviewed for is legit? Small contracts to happen over email; but you've got to be careful about the company. I'll strongly recommend that you should read their agreement carefully before signing it.

Also, as long as they aren't asking for any money from you - you may go ahead because you don't have any option.

I searched a bit and the company looks fake to me. Even their CEO's profile is not listed and there aren't any reviews of their company. I didn't find any information about their company. So you may ask them for company information and check if they're a registered company.

PS: Bottom line is that you should be extremely cautious while accepting this offer (if it's a valid offer at all).
  • Ak_Sabbath
    Ak_Sabbath
    Thank you for your time Kaustubh.
    Yes, I did some research as well and I got stuck in the same loop. No reviews/complaints at all.
    The only thing I could find is the company website, and they have got some products as well.
    One of their products I could find on wiki: #-Link-Snipped-#

And this #-Link-Snipped-#

I also found that the company is based in Las Vegas, Nevada and this matches with some wiki. But I cannot verify the genuinity.
    One profile I could find on LinkedIn which was listed in the StoAmigo team > #-Link-Snipped-#
    Apart from this, I couldn't find information regarding any other personnel.
    Yes, I have not been asked to pay any money as yet. I'm still in the dilemma but one thing I could do is work and see for a month or so and find out myself. Yes, I will be very careful while signing the documents.
    I came across this opportunity through Naukri job portal, if that helps. And this process took around 10-15 days

Please do share your take on this. Thank you for your time and concern again.
  • Ak_Sabbath
    Ak_Sabbath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you sure the company you interviewed for is legit? Small contracts to happen over email; but you've got to be careful about the company. I'll strongly recommend that you should read their agreement carefully before signing it.

Also, as long as they aren't asking for any money from you - you may go ahead because you don't have any option.

I searched a bit and the company looks fake to me. Even their CEO's profile is not listed and there aren't any reviews of their company. I didn't find any information about their company. So you may ask them for company information and check if they're a registered company.

PS: Bottom line is that you should be extremely cautious while accepting this offer (if it's a valid offer at all).
  • Ak_Sabbath
    Ak_Sabbath
    Okay, so I dug more and could find their youtube channel and the related LinkedIn profile of the VP.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Also, I can see the StoAmigo Android App on Playstore which is as mentioned.

Should this be enough for me to at least proceed further? 😕
    Thank you again.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not ask questions directly to the recruiters who are in touch with you? I'd be extremely cautious. As long as you don't sign on anything that might go against you - you might want to go ahead and see how it all works. Also ensure that you can 'officially' quit from the contract / job they're offering. In a nutshell - just save yourself from potential pain.

Ask them why aren't they offering a legal contract or employment. If they don't provide satisfactory answer - just walk out. You've got nothing to lose.
  • Ak_Sabbath
    Ak_Sabbath
    Yes, I will make sure that I'm playing it all safe. I have sent a couple of documents and asked for a formal job offer. I will try and enquire with the HR manager who talked to me regarding the same. Thank you
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Keep us posted. It will help several others here.
  • Ak_Sabbath
    Ak_Sabbath
    First off, sorry for the late post on this thread.

So I did make a decision to move forward despite my doubts and now I can very well say that the company is legitimate enough.
    Based in US,Nevada and branches in Ukraine and China, StoAmigo is a software company dealing with cloud based products.

I have been working here from past 6 months and it's a Software company as good as any.
    Also, the company's name along with products is listed by several famous media and forums.
    You can check out the following links:

Worried About Your Data In The Cloud? Stop Whining And Get Your Own Cloud

Stoamigo App Review, Experience A Whole New Cloud - MacSources

Tack App By StoAmigo Turns Your Computers And Phones Into Your Own Cloud

StoAmigo's TackApp Gives You a Personal Cloud - Geek News Central

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

And the management will support all your queries, so go ahead and ask all you need before proceeding if necessary.

Once again, Thank you!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Swipe Technologies has been quick to launch the third member of the Elite family titled the Elite Note. The Swipe Elite Note is an entry-level phablet sized smartphone that features...
Finish telecom network maker Nokia bought the French consumer electronics company Withings S.A for about 170 million euros (Rs. 1271 Crores) on 26 April 2016, in move to strengthen its...
Scientists at Iowa State University in USA have successfully developed micro-scale, liquid-metal particles which can be put to use for heat-free soldering, fabricating, repairing and processing of metals - all...
I am a first year student at the University of Lyon, France and I am required to interview an engineer about their job. This interview is part of a professional...
Catsharks taxonomically belong to one of the largest families, Scyliorhinidae and possess a unique pair of cat-like eyes and body-patterns, where some of them are commonly dubbed as Chain Catsharks....