Word, Excel & PowerPoint Readers Apps Download For Nokia Asha 501 Available On Ovi Store

Nokia’s Asha series saw a reboot in form of Nokia Asha 501 that came with Nokia’s home grown Nokia Asha Software Platform 1.0. This platform provided a new look and feel to this wannabe smartphone and with these document viewer apps it is sure to inch closer to its smartphone status. The trio of My Pocket Office apps released by Divum give Nokia Asha 501 users the capability of viewing Microsoft Office files like Word, Excel and PowerPoint. All of these three apps are in the beta stage and can be downloaded from the Ovi Store for free. All of these apps can open the latest file formats like docx, xlsx and pptx.

#-Link-Snipped-#app start screen comprises of three buttons; Open files, Recent Files and Bookmarks. Since the three inch screen is not suitable for viewing full length word files it comes with two huge zoom in and zoom out buttons. The app also gives you the option of book marking your favourite documents.

Docx 2 Docx 1 Docx 3

#-Link-Snipped-# app opens the Excel files and swipe gestures have been included to go through the file.

Xlsx 1 Xlsx 2 Xlsx 3

Finally, the #-Link-Snipped-# app opens pptx files in a default landscape mode to occupy the full screen. The loading time of each presentation depends on size of the file.

Pptx 1 Pptx 2 Pptx 3

Since the apps are still in the beta stage the apps some formatting errors can be spotted by early users. Despite of these shortcomings which will soon be rectified in the final version, these apps are will surely be useful for Nokia Asha 501 users. If there are any Nokia Asha 501 users out there on CE we would like them to try out these apps and let us know about their experience in the comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a good news that Asha users get some relief to use doc readers.After simbian, Nokia has failed to cover the customer base Asha is now stepping equivalent to smartphones from multitasking to doc readers.Hope Nokia gives a super upgraded asha os soon.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

World's largest ever solar power plant with capacity of generating 4000 MW power will soon be built in Rajasthan in India near the Sambhar lake. The official authorities say that...
hey guys, i am having OPEN BOOK PROGRAMMING contest in my college , i participated in it ; but the code which will be asked is somewhat hard (medium) type...
what are their differences
I've had a dream of buying a good camera with maximum large optical zoom to get the best clarity pictures when I go travelling. However, I'm not a professional and...
I'm an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY student and I have a report about the "uncommon or rare" tags in html and CSS AND GIVING EXAMPLES ON EVERY UNCOMMON OR RARE TAGS.. any...