Woman or machine? New robots look creepily human

Quote:
The new robot guides at a Tokyo museum look so eerily human and speak so smoothly they almost outdo people - almost.
Japanese robotics expert Hiroshi Ishiguro, an Osaka University professor, says they will be useful for research on how people interact with robots and on what differentiates the person from the machine.
Endquote

Woman or machine? New robots look creepily human

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    I feel like laughing.😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
  • Harry Decia
    Harry Decia
    πŸŽ‰Technology has brought tremendous revolution in all fields, it brings the world at a foot stool.Robotic engineering making new world of machines,but these machines are dangerous for us...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Some people might've thought, we will never need to use the adverb 'eerily' before the word 'human'.

😁 what technology does.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Harry Decia
    πŸŽ‰Technology has brought tremendous revolution in all fields, it brings the world at a foot stool.Robotic engineering making new world of machines,but these machines are dangerous for us...
    so i see
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Howard Wolowits required an attention here 😯
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    None of the robots can replace as HUMANπŸ‘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    You are probably the only guy here who said something sensible.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Thank you soo much dear friend πŸ˜€ #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    I am afraid that they are already replacing humans for many repetitive jobs. Many of them (not humanoids but the pick and place kind) are being used even in some of the units of the group I work for.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Watch any documentary of leading car production line and you will know how many humans are replaced completely.
    Watch Nat Geo (factory made, how they do it).
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    We made machine's because a man cant be 100 % accurate all the tym .. n we are discovering such devices ,every man's mindset cant be 100% dedicated and upto the technology we r working for , on the other hand a program in machine can do the same ...If all of us can develop ourselves upto the level of machines then their is no need of bots ..... and also if we can see rate of growth of humans (population) is much more than machines nowadays than y we r horrifying from machines ... jus stand out and do your work sincerely
    u will find machines helpful to us not harmful
  • Harry Decia
    Harry Decia
    A.V.Ramani
    I am afraid that they are already replacing humans for many repetitive jobs. Many of them (not humanoids but the pick and place kind) are being used even in some of the units of the group I work for.
    I totally agree with you Sir, the results will be disaster,,,,,πŸ‘Ž
  • Harry Decia
    Harry Decia
    Ankit Litoriya
    We made machine's because a man cant be 100 % accurate all the tym .. n we are discovering such devices ,every man's mindset cant be 100% dedicated and upto the technology we r working for , on the other hand a program in machine can do the same ...If all of us can develop ourselves upto the level of machines then their is no need of bots ..... and also if we can see rate of growth of humans (population) is much more than machines nowadays than y we r horrifying from machines ... jus stand out and do your work sincerely
    u will find machines helpful to us not harmful
    i agree with you, what you have written,but very soon these machines conquer the human.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    Dear #-Link-Snipped-# ..How would say that they conquer human untill or unless we dont taught them to do so..

Have u find ever that your phone stoping u to attend call, ur system saying that i will not install this app anyway or being able to save any stuff ????
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankit Litoriya
    Dear #-Link-Snipped-# ..How would say that they conquer human untill or unless we dont taught them to do so..
    The human brain is said to have a 10^18 level of connectivity. If a computer achieves this sometime, it can teach itself.

IT is sci fi now.
    Ten years hence?
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    A.V.Ramani
    The human brain is said to have a 10^18 level of connectivity. If a computer achieves this sometime, it can teach itself.

IT is sci fi now.
    Ten years hence?
    Sir,

But it depends on us that how much we need a from a robot , how much a machine can program it self ..because of this fear i don't think its wise to hate robots.

Think about stone age , if a men of that time fears of to be scratched or of die while using cart ( As they don't have idea of using breaks initially ) then how a human can able invent such useful vehicles.

And also, if we don't let a robot to teach itself then is it possible that a robot able to reach the same connectivity as us.

A robot can be friendly in so many ways . yeahh!! but it only depend on us
    how we use them!!

Please Let me correct if am thinking wrong !
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I suggest that you read "Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein.
    The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Have a look at this short video which shows how a robot learns to walk without knowing anything to start with. You can watch the full video later if you are keen:
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    😯 Thanks for the Video #-Link-Snipped-#

πŸ˜–πŸ˜” have nothing to say ,, i am reading about this from the instant i read your post ...i don't want to let myself discouraged will sure come with suitable answer.

Thanks Again sir and too need your apology if somewhere i am messed you unnecessarily.😯😯😯
    A.V.Ramani
    I suggest that you read "Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein.
    The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

Have a look at this short video which shows how a robot learns to walk without knowing anything to start with. You can watch the full video later if you are keen:
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankit Litoriya
    😯 Thanks for the Video #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks Again sir and too need your apology if somewhere i am messed you unnecessarily.😯😯😯
    The question of aplogy does not arise at all. How else can we explore the subject?
    E=mC^2 led to the atom bomb. That does not mean that we should give up physics. In a sense scientists are amoral. They go after things because that is their passion.
    The well known British biologist Prof.J.B.S.Haldane (I have talked with him a few times when he came to Andhra University in 1958) told how he used to do experiments on his own body. How to be your own rabbit was his suggestion.

If robots become sentient, so be it.
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    A.V.Ramani
    If robots become sentient, so be it.
    Then its like we have another kind of species on earth whose creator is human.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankit Litoriya
    Then its like we have another kind of species on earth whose creator is human.
    On the biology front humans are experimenting with genetic engineering, cloning and such. Humans are trying to imitate the original Creator.
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Ankita Katdare
    Some people might've thought, we will never need to use the adverb 'eerily' before the word 'human'.

😁 what technology does.
    The point you are trying to make may be the Uncanny Valley hypothesis. It says: "...as the appearance of a robot is made more human a point is reached beyond which the response quickly becomes that of strong revulsion..."

Hell Yeah πŸ‘ =>
    rono
    ​
    Hell Yeah πŸ‘ =>
    rono1
    ​
    Nope😲 =>
    rono3
    ​
    Too much internet today. Nope => 😲
    rono2
    ​
    Last but not the least since we all are engineers here, the mandatory graph explaining the Uncanny Valley:
    rono4 ​

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is a new competitor in the tablet market - Flipkart, the online electronics store. You might be wondering how can Flipkart be a competitor in the hardware market? Well,...
Many people in the tech community speculated that Google Inc. might unveil a new TV set-top box at its I/O developer conference on Wednesday and that it will be similar...
Google has launched the Samsung Galaxy Gear Live & LG G Watch at Google I/O. Both these smartwatches feature the company’s new smartwatch operating system, Android Wear. Since we already...
Hi, I have got 2nd rank in CDAC entrance test. Please suggest best centre for embedded systems keeping in view of faculty and placements.
i have completed my BTech this year in ECE stream with 70% aggregade. i have apperaed for AP PGECET this year and i have got 218 rank in it also...