Wireless power transmission

I m working on wireless power transfer.... I have done with resonant coupling in it but it works only upto 4-5 cm.... But I want to implement it from 1-2 meters... And after reading many research papers I found that this thing would made possible through microwave power transmission... Do anyone have knowledge about this technology ...?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Very long back we tried some experiments with IR Lasers. This was more for communication rather than power transmission. It requires precise alignment. We did not pursue it.
    There are lots of publications and patents on this. A couple of papers are here:
    1. A High-Efficiency Dual-Frequency Rectenna for 2.45- and 5.8-GHz Wireless Power Transmission
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Low-profile circularly polarized rectifying antenna for wireless power transmission at 5.8 GHz
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Many more are here:
    Google Scholar
  • Furqan Haider
    Furqan Haider
    A.V.Ramani
    Very long back we tried some experiments with IR Lasers. This was more for communication rather than power transmission. It requires precise alignment. We did not pursue it.
    There are lots of publications and patents on this. A couple of papers are here:
    1. A High-Efficiency Dual-Frequency Rectenna for 2.45- and 5.8-GHz Wireless Power Transmission
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Low-profile circularly polarized rectifying antenna for wireless power transmission at 5.8 GHz
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Many more are here:
    Google Scholar
    But sir this mpt method is too much at undergraduate level. Is there any other method to do this... i.e with tesla coils or something else?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is nothing like UG level and such for such devices. If you are considering a marketable product, it has to conform to various safety standards (See IEC 61010:2010). In this case since power is going to be radiated by EMR and the device will be for general use there are stringent requirements for safety. Users may be having active implants like pacemakers, Deep Brain Simulators and other such implanted active devices. Quite a bit of design is needed for any wireless power devices. Making a workable device conforming to all applicable standards is a major activity.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A group of mechanical engineers from Purdue University has invented “mini magnetic force” controlled micro bots that can move independently in a group. Previously, a batch could only be controlled...
For those who are not in any curriculum and keen to gain some knowledge in Embedded Systems (again) UT Austin is offering an hands-on online course. This course needs Texas...
We have all used Google Drive, the file storage and synchronisation service by Google, at some point of time or other. But if you are a regular user, you might...
Microsoft in an official blog post on Friday declared to the shock of many around the world, that Windows 7 and 8.1 will not run on latest hardware. Though the...
Quote: Typography Day is being organized for the ninth time from 25th to 27th February 2016 at Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore in collaboration with the Industrial...