Wireless power transmission

:smile:friends I'm thinking of doing a project in wireless electricity. I'm seeking your help my friends please help me...

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey kiran this is not relavant thread in introductions it should be in projects section
    anyway welcome to CE
    @admin: please change it to projects section
  • freak16
    freak16
    Nice thought..
    I did work in this area..
    Read nikolas tesle..
    he has done tremendius work in this field.. MIT performed breakthrough resreach in it and recently did a successful experiment.
    It is on top at granter list.
    YOu need toproduce evanscent waves for it
  • lal
    lal
    Great job Kiran. I remember some old threads discussing the same subject, here in CE. Do a search. Those informations may be helpful.

And do update your project details regularly...
    All CEans are here to help you.
    Good luck
  • madhukumar
    madhukumar
    hai making wireless power transmission is good thing
    but i think it takes more more time and work it is not a small thing
    if any one can achieve it they can change the concept of power transmission
    it may be achieveble by converting electric signal into radio waves and vice verse
  • kiransabarish
    kiransabarish
    Thank my friend
  • Arp
    Arp
    freak give more information about it..
  • baja
    baja
    Transformer is an example of wireless power transmission....
    Electrical energy is converted into magnetic energy and then back to electrical energy...
    But in this magnetic energy is linked in a core which is a magnetic conduction path...
    but if the frequency of transmission is equal to natural frequency then no core is required to link them.
    but power transmission is limited in distance around 10 meters. by this method higher efficiency is achieved.
  • lal
    lal
    But if mutual induction is used, as you said, we cant achive long distance wireless transmission. The electromagnetic waves travells in all direction around the coil. But if there is a possibility of directing these waves (not yet achieved i guess) it could be done at very large distances. But due to alternating field, an emf will be induced in any obstacle that is conducting in nature. causing losses in transmission. At the same time - 'danger situations'.
  • kiransabarish
    kiransabarish
    I'm thinking of using the method magnetic coupling for my project but i heard that resonance must be created between the two coils to transfer the power efficiently but how can i create resonance between two diff coils? how to find the natural frequency of the coil used?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    kiransabarish
    I'm thinking of using the method magnetic coupling for my project but i heard that resonance must be created between the two coils to transfer the power efficiently but how can i create resonance between two diff coils?
    Strings under tension, as in instruments such as lutes, harps, guitars, pianos, violins and so forth, have resonant frequencies directly related to the mass, length, and tension of the string. The wavelength that will create the first resonance on the string is equal to twice the length of the string. Higher resonances correspond to wavelengths that are integer divisions of the fundamental wavelength.
    - Wikipediaโ€‹
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    Hey Dude, i read an article related to this some years back in EFY(Electronics For You) magazine. Its a nice project. I will give you further Information for the issue very soon.
  • divya_gd1
    divya_gd1
    can i get ppt on Wireless data transmission between computers using sequence detector....
    if found plz mail to
    plz................................................................
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    divya_gd1
    can i get ppt on Wireless data transmission between computers using sequence detector....
    if found plz mail to
    plz................................................................
    You'll have to create it on your own, sorry. ๐Ÿ˜€
    The_Big_K
    You'll have to create it on your own, sorry. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Heya Biggie, won't it be good to give the source code or stuff to the peers??? Anything wrong in it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Heya Biggie, won't it be good to give the source code or stuff to the peers??? Anything wrong in it?
    Yeah, only to those who 'show' some efforts on their own. I personally don't mind if code is shared or given free. But most of the students would want everything for free, without using their own brain.
    The_Big_K
    Yeah, only to those who 'show' some efforts on their own. I personally don't mind if code is shared or given free. But most of the students would want everything for free, without using their own brain.
    Yeah ok, you got a point in it. But without knowing this, I have given the full stuff in a few of my posts. Sorry for that! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Yeah ok, you got a point in it. But without knowing this, I have given the full stuff in a few of my posts. Sorry for that! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Tutorials are meant for sharing knowledge and giving out stuff. That's a good job and it motivates others to learn new things. But when someone asks for 'any PPT on communication' or similar, I ask them to share their own efforts first and tell us where they're stuck.
    The_Big_K
    Tutorials are meant for sharing knowledge and giving out stuff. That's a good job and it motivates others to learn new things. But when someone asks for 'any PPT on communication' or similar, I ask them to share their own efforts first and tell us where they're stuck.
    Oki fine... Will take care... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, I always used to wonder what engine is like.I basically didn't knew that an Engine may contain more than one piston cylinder arrangement.But its actually fun. We normally...
Do you believe that CE is the KING OF ENGINEERING?
i am so happy to finally join crazyengineers..๐Ÿ˜
hello guys!..i hope Filipino CEans can reply to this post: Are you against or not to the reproductive health (RH) bill in the Philippines?why or why not? i would like...
An aspiring entrepreneur needed help on following questions. I thought a wider audience would benefit from our conversation through mail. I'm posting questions and my answers here - 1) How...