Wireless Networks/Mobile Communications Question Paper.

This is my Wireless Networks (or you can say Mobile Systems/Mobile Communications) Question Paper. I hope this will help some of our CEans.

1. Define the Infrastructure and Ad Hoc Networks of IEEE-802.11 of wireless LAN.
2. Explain in detail about HIPERLAN and BLUETOOTH. Contrast between them.
3. Explain in detail about Satellite Systems basics ie, GEO,LEO,MEO.
4. Explain in detail about AdHoc Networks with a neat diagram.
5. Explain in detail about Traditional TCP, Indirect TCP, Snooping TCP. Contrast between these three types.
6. Explain about Wireless Telephony Applications.
7. Explain about Wireless Transport Layer Security.
8. Explain in detail about Multiplexing, Modulation and Spread Spectrum.
9. Explain GSM architecture.
10. Define LAN, WAP, LCAP, WML script, Snooping, Infrared, Bluetooth, TETRA, GSM, UTMS.

Hows this? Feel free to share your views and doubts.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Oh vary hard for me....I can answer only Two.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh! They covered our entire syllabus.
  • Reya
    Reya
    @sahithi I do have this subject for next sem:-(How do you find this subject??
  • Leo
    Leo
    Paper is really very hard to answer.
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    Not bad, very informative an interesting subjects for all tech lovers
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @Praveena : It was an interesting subject and I was happy to have this kind of subject. We will come to know about how the wireless techbology works, specially how the cell phone works (like what are CDMA Phones, what are GSM phones, about SIMs, PIN codes, PUK codes etc).

Looks like this paper was hard for you guys... But for us, it was easy. It was a well given paper.
    No problem. Read these questions, so that you can answer if you have in your exam.

Do ask if you have any doubts!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need to submit a project on PHP in my institute. so i'v decided to make a web crawler. which can search any mp3 or audio files. but i don't...
Hi All, I have some issue with the OnDemand software installed in my machine. I am getting an issue with the OpenDoc functiobn which is used by the arsole.OCX file...
Please tell me anything about Guard circuit, Guard potential, since I am not understanding the idea of measurements of insulation resistance without knowing these terms mentioned??? What is absorption current??
Vishal Dhupar, the ex MD of Symantec (India and South Asia) who held similar position at Autodesk and also served the leadership positions at Sun Microsystems, Silicon Graphics and Digital...
do anyone know how to have your name instead of start in the start panel without using any additional software?????