Wireless Gesture controlled robot

Project Abstract / Summary : WIRELESS GESTURE CONTROLLED ROBOT

Today human-machine interaction is moving away from mouse and pen and is becoming pervasive and much more compatible with the physical world. With each passing day the gap between machines and humans is being reduced with the introduction of new technologies to ease the standard of living. Gestures have played a vital role in diminishing this abyss.

A Gesture Controlled robot is a kind of robot which can be controlled by hand gestures and not the old fashioned way by using buttons. The user just needs to wear a small transmitting device on his hand which includes a sensor which is an
accelerometer in our case. Movement of the hand in a specific direction will transmit a command to the robot which will then move in a specific direction.

The system design is divided into two parts namely: Accelerometer part and robot part.

It is basically an Accelerometer based system which controls a Robotic car wirelessly using a, small and low-cost, 3-axis accelerometer via RF signals.

The accelerometer circuit can be freely rotated in space, temporarily varying 3-dimensional signal data is obtained from the 3-axis acceleration sensor. This data is transmitted to a robot via RF Module. Further, it is processed by a microcontroller embedded on the robot for its desirable motions. In this context, a robot is an analogy for any machine that is controlled by man varying from a simple toy to heavy machinery.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Basically I am an Electronics student and had an interest in Embedded systems and robotics. Because robots have even replaced humans in performing various tasks that they are unable to perform due to physical disability, size limitation or extreme environments. So I decided to some application based project on this domain which made me to do this project.

Now why I have chosen this topic means everything in current scenario has became wireless which gave extra force to me to choose this project.

Applications of my project:
• Through the use of gesture recognition, remote control with the wave of a hand of various devices is possible.
• Gesture controlling is very helpful for handicapped and physically disabled people to achieve certain tasks, such as driving a vehicle.
• Gestures can be used to control interactions for entertainment purposes such as gaming to make the game player's experience more interactive or immersive.

Project Highlights : This project is not made for useless and it is highly application based robot made in such a low cost. This project can be configured so that it can be useful for people and mainly for industrial applications
I believe that this project will play a major role in this contest and definitely you will like my project.
Finally I am sure that my project deserves to win this contest.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Dhanalakshmi college of engineering
City: Chennai
State: Tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Existing model:- We designed and implemented a behavior analyzing system that uses twitter data to analyze behavior in real time. Twitter data is continuously downloaded...
Project Abstract / Summary : Dump yards are the most unhealthy and the worst parts of the cities. Generally these are located at the outskirts of the cities where large...
Panasonic has recently launched its brand new smartphone, the Eluga Turbo exclusively on e-commerce site Snapdeal. The company’s latest 4G enabled device is the newest addition to the Eluga family....
Chris Tuan, professor of civil engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and his team of researchers have developed a special kind of concrete, one that can conduct electricity to melt...
Two fossil-hunting brothers in the Wales – Rob and Nick Hanigan have provided a major leap in study of the Mesozoic Era, the age of dinosaurs, by finding the remnants...