wireless dc motor speed and direction control using infrared (PWM)

I want to do a research on the above named topic, and I was hoping I could get the views of colleague Engineers

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I actually tried to send the PWM over RF, but the RF link was not fast enough to send it, so will be the infrared.

However this doesn't mean that you cannot do it, you just have to find another alternative like instead of sending PWM, generate the PWM at target & just send the duty cycle information over the link.

I don't think direction control would need any research as its pretty straightforward.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    EgertonKallay
    I want to do a research on the above named topic, and I was hoping I could get the views of colleague Engineers
    [Prototype]
    I actually tried to send the PWM over RF, but the RF link was not fast enough to send it, so will be the infrared.

However this doesn't mean that you cannot do it, you just have to find another alternative like instead of sending PWM, generate the PWM at target & just send the duty cycle information over the link.

I don't think direction control would need any research as its pretty straightforward.
    What Datarate you want to transmit signal over RF? there are lot of Modules available with different data rates and range.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    godfather
    What Datarate you want to transmit signal over RF? there are lot of Modules available with different data rates and range.
    I did it with the common one, the 433Mhz. The baud rate of that one is ridiculous, if I remember, the max. was 4800 bps.

I guess its better to opt for alternatives than using an expensive transmission module. Just sound to be under utilization of resources.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    [Prototype]
    I did it with the common one, the 433Mhz. The baud rate of that one is ridiculous, if I remember, the max. was 4800 bps.

I guess its better to opt for alternatives than using an expensive transmission module. Just sound to be under utilization of resources.
    You can go with Some RF Modules from Hope RF and TI they are giving really good Datarates.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    godfather
    You can go with Some RF Modules from Hope RF and TI they are giving really good Datarates.
    But how about the expense? And is it good to use it just for sole purpose of motor controlling? I mean since a continuous PWM is to be sent, you won't be able to use this RF link for any other purpose.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    [Prototype]
    But how about the expense? And is it good to use it just for sole purpose of motor controlling? I mean since a continuous PWM is to be sent, you won't be able to use this RF link for any other purpose.
    If you want better device its worth spending more money.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

could anyone please guide me how to publish a research paper in my field i.e Computer Science and Engineering????
I want to place an event in college tech fest in electronics department. So i want ideas of different events which can be placed in the tech fest.
before a week i got the fake emails from Reserve bank of India,Maruti suzuki,coco-cola....i know it's fake but i don't know how to stop that fake email...if any one teach...
Hai my name shivaraj v arali.. studying computer science engg in bec bagalkot..
how to launch our website to google