Wireless charging of mobile phone...

hey friends i have gone through a article regarding the charging of a mobile phone battery wirelessly with in a range of 10 meter...is this idea really fesiable..and if yes than what is the concept behind it...??

Replies

• piyushh
    piyushh
    sanks85
    hey friends i have gone through a article regarding the charging of a mobile phone battery wirelessly with in a range of 10 meter...is this idea really fesiable..and if yes than what is the concept behind it...??

well...intresting but.i think impractical

firstly for reciving you need to have the reciever..

which will again require some power at the mobile handset end .."from where will you get that power buddy when your cell in fully discharged ?"..😁..i hope you will not say "from solar power"..

nice thought...
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    This thread is quite similar to the thread "transmitting electricity through wireless".
    I think these things may be possible in near future.
    I think if we attach an equipment to the mobile which converts the radiation energy of some sort of waves to the kinetic energy of electron then this thing is possible then we have to just radiate certain types of waves in the atmosphere & everything will be charged. Though such radiation may be lethal.
    Or simple we attach a equipment which converts heat into electricity & we radiate Infrared rays to that equipment to heat it up.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    actually i read about it on google that a mobile can be charged through waves of radio freq. but the main ques. is that (which is already been put up by piyush) if the mobile is totaly discharged then how we can convert the radio freq. waves to energy for battery using receiver....if anybody have any idea then please answeer it... moderators please help me out...
  • 360degrees
    360degrees
    Its already done by MIT.They lighted a 60W bulb with good efficency with out wires.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    is this project on the website of MIT??...or somewhere else so that i just can check it out..
    i think this can also be done with the help of induction concept
  • pesmith2
    pesmith2
    I've seen this done in induction using a huge coil, but it had limited range.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Its here --
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Cool concept, they call it WiTricity!
    People please search before posting

The forum already had threads about it
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    hey thanks bro.. but i just wan to ask one more question.. how can we determine wheather the coupled coils are in resonance or not.. i mean how can we find out their frequency..??
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    sanks85
    actually i read about it on google that a mobile can be charged through waves of radio freq. but the main ques. is that (which is already been put up by piyush) if the mobile is totaly discharged then how we can convert the radio freq. waves to energy for battery using receiver....if anybody have any idea then please answeer it... moderators please help me out...
    Can't we have a partition of battery? we can divide a battery into 2 parts, one (major) part is for the mobile phone, the minor part is for the reciever! which is stored by the built-in capacitor, and it starts discharging once the main battery is over! During which period, we need to charge our cellphones wirelessly!

whatcha think??
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    check out this link for a paper on wireless transmission of electricity

#-Link-Snipped-#

also this link:

#-Link-Snipped-#

it has some info on witricity 😀
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    limestone7000
    Can't we have a partition of battery? we can divide a battery into 2 parts, one (major) part is for the mobile phone, the minor part is for the reciever! which is stored by the built-in capacitor, and it starts discharging once the main battery is over! During which period, we need to charge our cellphones wirelessly!

whatcha think??
    hey limestone thankss buddy...but i dont think there is any need of partition in the main battery.. actually i was reading on this topic since my last post and i just found that the power is tranferred through induction phenomena😁.....i think if we directly connect the power source of mobile i.e. the battery to induction coil via some protection circuit then the induction could occur in the receiver coil without any need of power in receiver...coz the power is already inducing in the receiver coil via induction through transmitting coil....correct me if i am wrong...
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    sanks85
    hey limestone thankss buddy...but i dont think there is any need of partition in the main battery.. actually i was reading on this topic since my last post and i just found that the power is tranferred through induction phenomena😁.....i think if we directly connect the power source of mobile i.e. the battery to induction coil via some protection circuit then the induction could occur in the receiver coil without any need of power in receiver...coz the power is already inducing in the receiver coil via induction through transmitting coil....correct me if i am wrong...

kk that sounds like a plan!
    i m with u!:smile:
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    thanks man... but anybody here cold explain me that how can we determaine the frequency of two coils used in the project...we have to use the tuning fork or something else... help me out...
  • mysteriousfun
    mysteriousfun
    CAN ANY 1 TELL MORE ABOUT CHARGING A BATTERY IN RANGE OF 5 TO 7 METRE WITHOUT ANY CONTACT JUST BY INDUCTION OR RADIO WAVES .....OR HOW TO MAKE A RECEIVER TO CAUSE CURRENT TO FLOW

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😔hey frnds screen of my lappy just gone blank and now the lappy is not starting again and sounds some beep...i have asked to some expert and she said that...
I am not able to understand the concept of flags in 8085 microprocessor and 😁
how the negative voltage is generated using positive for some application
explain me the difference between the comprator and opamp using follwing example: 1) if my v+ is 12v and my v- is 0v, input + is 3v and input- is...
plz somebody tell me i will tell the situation and then i will tell my question.... let us take you are playing an movie in ur windows or linux u...