Winxp: where are the log files of event trace stored?

Hey People, Cheers!!!

Can any one please tell me where the log files of event trace are stored in Windows XP ?

Thanks😀

Replies

• nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    Go to >
    Start > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

click "Application" on the left

In column "Source" on the right half of the window, look for "Winlogon".
    On the same row, "Event" matching 1001 is the que pasa on chkdsk.

Doubleclick that line matching both Winlogon and 1001.

If you want to cut time, you can pin the "eventvwr" to the start menu or toss a shortcut on the desktop and
    save some steps while repeatedly waiting for chkdsk to fix your drive after restarts. However, I think zero
    errors are unobtainable.
    evenvtwr is found in the System32 folder.
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    prakash.athani
    Hey People, Cheers!!!

Can any one please tell me where the log files of event trace are stored in Windows XP ?

Thanks😀
    do you want to know the login and logout details???? or events log trace????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Please explain me the actual causes of Cyclic Redundancy Check error. How do I get rid of it? Also, If I have a media file or other type of...
i read about ultra capacitors that store energy (or u can say charge ) in hybrid cars. my question is why are'nt these capacitors replacing lead acid batteries which pollute...
Category: The problem(s) I'd love to solve (as an engineer). Content: Present day civilization is facing the need of a source of energy that will Produce electrical energy being pollution-free,...
hi everyone on CE, its really a great site to be taken part and expecting a lot of support from all u guys.....
i want to know about admission in c-dac pune institute for the desd or dabc course. Actually i m a final year student and i want to join the institute...