Winners Of 'Engineering For Change In India' Project Report Contest Are...

CEans, we are super excited to announce the winners of the Engineering For Change In India contest. We've posted a Selecting The Winners Of "Engineering For Change In India" - Clarification for several of you who expressed concern over the fairness of the selection process.

The winners are as follows -

#3 : NGOFinder Android Application - By CEan #-Link-Snipped-#

Akshita's solution is interesting in several ways. We liked her overall approach towards the problem and its relevance in India. Congratulations, Akshita!

Akshita wins a 32GB MicroSD Card! We hope this SD card will, one day, carry the NGOFinder Android Application. πŸ˜€

#2 : System Design For Enabling Differential Power Shutdown Based Power Consumption - By CEan #-Link-Snipped-#

We were impressed by Manoj's identification of the problem and the innovative solution he came up with. His solution has potential to affect the lives of masses in India. We'd have loved to see a better estimation of the cost and time involved in this project; and is subject do discussion by all our fellow CEans. Congratulations, Manoj!

Manoj wins Sennheiser Headphones so that he can develop his system while listening to seriously awesome music! πŸ˜€

#1 : DataFly: Automated Authentication Of Person and his Documents - By CEan #-Link-Snipped-#

Rupam's project addresses a very important problem faced by Indians. We believe the DataFly solution is quite innovative in the way it addresses this problem; resulting into saving of huge amount of people's most important resource ever: time!

Rupam's description of the solution was to the point and the overall impact he promises to create with the time and cost needed is indeed impressive! Congratulations, Rupam!

Rupam wins the first prize: An Asus FonePad 7, so that he can save some of his own time while working on kickass solutions for the world.

Replies

• Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Many Many Congratulations to #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#. 😁
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Congrats #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ˜€
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    thanks guys #-Link-Snipped-# ,#-Link-Snipped-# ....
    Any further suggestions for the improvement of my idea are welcomed.... you can comment to the below post.

Differential Power Shutdown Based on Appliance /House hold Power Consumption
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Congratulations Winners! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    My beloved Crazyengineers, dear #-Link-Snipped-# , dear #-Link-Snipped-# bhai, dear Ramani Sir, dear #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and "Deer" #-Link-Snipped-# and all my CE Friends, followers, motivators and all of you who inspire me.

I have competed in several contests, winning many, loosing most over last few years. There have been happiness and moments of frustrations. There have been highs and lows. But nothing, I repeat nothing I would cherish as much as this honor that CE has blessed me with. I find it really difficult to put in words of the amount of happiness I am feeling and I can't thank the entire community enough for your support.

But CE is a community I have always valued, valued high and it remains one of the place where I can always come back to share my frustration, happiness, joy. It is a place that I quietly visit in coffee times in most nights to read posts, thoughts and incredible information out there. Therefore an honor of this magnitude is really satisfactory.

More than competition, I took this opportunity to share what I really felt was an important problem and wanted to present a workable solution to it. I am glad beyond imagination for all of you for supporting the solution.

But more importantly what I see through the contest is the professionalism of Crazyengineers as Company, as a community and as group determined to bring the change. Trust me the contests were run with a degree of professionalism easily matching with highest standards of companies like Intel and Codeproject and in many ways better than them ( like the schedule, sticking to it, the result).

Dear all such contests are fun. You get to challenge yourself against possibly the most talented minds of the nation out there to make a difference. So such a contest would go down as one of the most critical process of bringing an edge of competitiveness among community members.

But I want to congratulate each one of you who participated, who were lucky enough to have been named to contest at the top and the whole group.

As an end note, I wanted to win this contest badly. Not because of the prize but for a different reason. As you might be knowing that my 18 hours working robotic body and always under pressure mind is controlled and supported by an Engineer whom I value the most. Yes, she is my wife who silently works towards many of my projects without ever getting the limelight!

Being a very competitive lady, she never agrees to accept a gift from me. So I told her, let me participate with an Idea that is inspired by the problem you faced during Voter card and passport documentation and verification. The input from her was more immense than I can share. So this little device is dedicated to the little power supply of my engine, #-Link-Snipped-# !

Let's keep competing for a better nation and hence a better world and "keep leaving our mark behind" as the lady whom inspires me most after my wife has said.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

Rupam Das
    Being a very competitive lady, she never agrees to accept a gift from me. So I told her, let me participate with an Idea that is inspired by the problem you faced during Voter card and passport documentation and verification. The input from her was more immense than I can share. So this little device is dedicated to the little power supply of my engine, #-Link-Snipped-# !
    Good to see madam on CE. πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That is one of the most beautiful and heart-felt award acceptance speech I've ever come across!

All TOP 5 were my favorites so I would like to congratulate #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# too.

#-Link-Snipped-# Would love to know what's the significance of the word written in bold and in quotes DEER. 😁
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    #-Link-Snipped-# I usually 'mis-spell' a lot (In fact had there been no grammar/spell checker I would have perished ) but that word means what it means. That's how I say you are administrating and moderating the community with composure, swift and always vigilant of "Tiger Spammer". πŸ˜€
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# Sir.
    #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

πŸ‘ πŸ˜€
  • swati kadam
    swati kadam
    Congrats ! Winners πŸ˜€ All are well deserving must say .. πŸ‘
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# ,
    Hearty congratulations!
    Let's all join hands to make India a better place for living.
  • ManojKiran Eda
    ManojKiran Eda
    Thankyou guys #-Link-Snipped-#,#-Link-Snipped-# ,#-Link-Snipped-#..
  • Jayaram Reddy
    Jayaram Reddy
    Congratulations to the winners.................Hope ur ideas come to exist......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

guys m in 2nd year electrical engineering student.Iwould like to knw what to do after completion of engineering so that i can start preparing from now onwards.abroad courses are most...
CEans, Few weeks ago, we decided to design and launch the CrazyEngineers T-Shirts and were first two batches were sold out in just few days. A lot of you asked...
The Taiwanese company, which was in a long hibernation, is now back in the Indian smartphone market. The company has launched two new mid-range smartphones, the Liquid E700 and the...
Blackphone, one of the first companies to launch privacy focused smartphones for the public has announced that it will be launching the world’s first privacy focused app store and an...
As the year 2014 comes to an end, various websites are putting together all the memories of the past year in a condensed format. In this thread I shall be...