Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile specific error:the data is invalid

When I try to open wireless network connection's property it shows a
message that :windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile
specific error:the data is invalid. Please help me identify and solve this problem.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In order to troubleshoot this Wi-Fi related issue, could you tell us the operating system you're using (the version, specifically) and any causes of this problem (tweaking of settings, installation of a software etc.?). It'd also help if you could tell us the details of your network adapter, router and related software that you're using?

You could try checking whether the Network Connections service is up and running on your computer. You can check it by right clicking on the taskbar and checking the services that are currently running. If it's not, you could try turning it on. I don't have exact steps because I'm on OSX machine at the moment.
  • VIJAYSY
    VIJAYSY
    The_Big_K
    In order to troubleshoot this Wi-Fi related issue, could you tell us the operating system you're using (the version, specifically) and any causes of this problem (tweaking of settings, installation of a software etc.?). It'd also help if you could tell us the details of your network adapter, router and related software that you're using?

You could try checking whether the Network Connections service is up and running on your computer. You can check it by right clicking on the taskbar and checking the services that are currently running. If it's not, you could try turning it on. I don't have exact steps because I'm on OSX machine at the moment.
    Windows 7 ultimate,ralink rt5390 adapter
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VIJAYSY
    Windows 7 ultimate,ralink rt5390 adapter
    Please answer all the questions I asked in my post so that we can have a better understanding of the situation you're in. Have you tried the step suggested? What was the result? Have you tried configuring the setup by running the installation CDs? It'd be great if you could tell us the steps that lead to the error.
  • VIJAYSY
    VIJAYSY
    The_Big_K
    Please answer all the questions I asked in my post so that we can have a better understanding of the situation you're in. Have you tried the step suggested? What was the result? Have you tried configuring the setup by running the installation CDs? It'd be great if you could tell us the steps that lead to the error.
    sir i got solution for it.....there was problem in registry utility.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    VIJAYSY
    sir i got solution for it.....there was problem in registry utility.
    Could you share the fix with us so that others who are experiencing the same problem will have a solution to try?
  • VIJAYSY
    VIJAYSY
    The_Big_K
    Could you share the fix with us so that others who are experiencing the same problem will have a solution to try?
    Go to RUN->regedt32(press enter) -> It will take you to registry editor utility program -> (select) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> (double click) SYSTEM->(double click) Conrtolset001-> (rt clk on) Enum ->(click) Permission -> (you will get pop up called "permissions for Enum") ->(click) Advanced -> (mark the opt. "Include inheritable permission from object's parent") -> (step *) (come back to) "permissions for enum" in group and user names select select "administer " in ''permission for administrator block'' mark ALLOW for "full control" and "read" option-> do the same (step*) for "User" ,"SYSTEM".->(restart you computer)

/* I did the above steps to get back hidden opt. of my device manager
    but these steps solved my both problems*/
  • baijnath
    baijnath
    yesterday i was installing Linux- open suse 12.2 in my laptop,initially thr was windows 7 ultimate in my laptop-dell ispiron 1545, 320 hard disk(with 3 partition) but accidently my laptop got formatted as a whole, i hv lost my all data with windows..😔 now it is showing 290 gb free and open suse is installed properlly.. what are the chances to get recovered my lost data..??? kind help it is very important to me.....
  • VIJAYSY
    VIJAYSY
    Try the recovery software,"Active file recovery". but don write anything on the disk before recovering your lost data.
  • Owen
    Owen
    Hi, I am having the same problem as Vijaysy- unable to access any of my wireless connections. I see them, however I cannot connect to my wireless router and everything is blank from the control panel/wireless networks. I followed the his solution/instructions however when I click on "include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" and select apply/ok, I am given a message that I am "Unable to save permission changes on Enum. Access is denied."

Can anyone help? I am logged in as an administrator, running windows 7 professional and hope to avoid running installation again if I can avoid it.
  • VIJAYSY
    VIJAYSY
    Owen
    Hi, I am having the same problem as Vijaysy- unable to access any of my wireless connections. I see them, however I cannot connect to my wireless router and everything is blank from the control panel/wireless networks. I followed the his solution/instructions however when I click on "include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" and select apply/ok, I am given a message that I am "Unable to save permission changes on Enum. Access is denied."

Can anyone help? I am logged in as an administrator, running windows 7 professional and hope to avoid running installation again if I can avoid it.
    Go to register editor utility, there select "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
    rt. clk. on control panel, take the permission ,there allow full control to administrator, restart computer.I hope it will work.
  • Akash Arora
    Akash Arora
    Hey this is Akash here, am too having the same problem as Vijaysy and I,ve tried the solution provided by him but its not working. Whenever am allowing full control and clicking on Apply or OK, its giving an error message that "Unable to save permission changes from Enum : Access Denied". And along with that another problem had arised that is while I was fixing problem in the register editor utility my volume button in the taskbar has vanished. Please provide some solutions as soon as possible.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mr.Lock-Down13
    Mr.Lock-Down13
    same problem with u. but i cannot save change on NUM. access is denied.
    im using windows7 home basic 32-bit
    (6.1 build 7601)
  • naush1
    naush1
    Hi...pls reply ....on enum "access is denied " is showing up.
    With this issue a yellow triangle lick is also appearing...and network is appearing on the list.

Its yellow triangle lock.

Hi cant find rt.clk on control panel...within HKey _current _user. Pls reply. Thanks
  • rick lucher
    rick lucher

Where to find the replacement of the tcpip.sys file for my OS windows..? i can connect smoothly to the internet, but just can't access those properties including ipv6 and others. Is it still tcpip.sys causing the problem?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just stumbled upon a new Kickstarter project called Taskbox. The app is generating lot of buzz in the blogosphere and being called a worthy 'Sparrow Mail App' competitor. I've been...
Hello, This is an electrical engineer asking - What Is Earth Switch? I came across the term while studying and could not understand it. It would be great if some...
I have zeroed two devices for testing some of the Apps that we are going to offer through our soon too be launched Tablet Only Apps Store. Here are my...
i really need assistance in this my research. AC TO AC CONVERTER FOR INDUCTION HEATING
how to add the Scroll bar inside the frames and scrolling the controlls into the frame in Vb