wind turbine

For constructing a small scale wind turbine which can be used on roof top of houses which is the best material for constructing the turbine or blades keeping in mind the wind velocity is about 5 m/s.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    It would totally depend on the design. These units are small, low speed & very rugged. Notice they incorporate plastic in the design:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Now for some not so good news about urban/personal windmills in general:

Urban windmills harm the environment - LOW-TECH MAGAZINE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, I've got a circuit for this device from "www.redcircuits.com/Page9.htm" , but there is problem... i.e., there's a buzzer which is to be sound when mercury switch is 'ON',(through walking)......
ok so like i im not sure where to post this if you can point me in the right direction please do so so i need to know the best...
With a project called Closure Tools, Google plans to start helping developers who aspire to match the company's proficiency in creating Web sites and Web applications. Google is a strong...
1) Google launches enterprise search product for retail and e-commerce - SiliconIndia 2) Server goes down, IGNOU online exam fails - SiliconIndia 3) Latest Security News - CNET News 4)...
COTTER JOINT A cotter joint is used to connect rigidly two co-axial rods or bars which are subjected to axial tensile or compressive forces . It is a temporary fastening...