Will My Academic marks creates Problem

10th = 69%
12 = 60%
Btech CSE = 71%

I am planning for cat this year. I saw the Academic marks of people who called by IIM and other top B-Schools. I am scared about my marks. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    actually your call depends on a lot like your marks, work experience, your other activities and your CAT score. i've seen people with a CGPA of around 7 get calls from various IIMs. also not all IIMs give consideration to your 10th and 12th scores. some focus on stuff like work experience. ๐Ÿ˜€ so try to do well in CAT and don't get distracted by such myths ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    But All B-school has mention about the minimum marks eligibility for the admission and my profile is not matching with that criteria ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I think that may be a problem.....as lot of my friends are preparing for CAT and they are also afraid about their academic career. According to them its not only just marks, your extra curricular activities and you job experience also does matter.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    But All B-school has mention about the minimum marks eligibility for the admission and my profile is not matching with that criteria ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜”
    Please double check on this. If the minimum marks eligibility for admission is not satisfied, your option is to look for the institutes (& relevant exams) and start preparing for them. Don't lose heart. Academic performance may hinder your chances of getting into B-School, but it won't affect your long term success.

I also wish to advice you to select your post-graduate course depending upon your areas of interest. Don't just blindly opt for any course because few people say "it's in demand".

If I were you, I'd first look for a job in a small company and work hard to improve my technical skill set for at least 2 years. In that time, I'd also 'study' which post-graduation stream suits best for my skills.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Correct Admin. Actually i am collection information about all the Post-Graduate Programmes. I am preparing for the jobs test. I would like to do job for 1 or 2 year and then further study
  • Reya
    Reya
    If you want to get placed in Top IIMs you need to have 90+ in 10th and 12th and 80+ in your graduation.Some of the recently started IIMs dont look after these constraints.You should have 95+ score in CAT to get into IIMs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A warm hand shake to all the Crazy Engineers here from Ramani Aswath. I do hope that we will have a great time getting crazier by the day. Name: Ramani...
Well done to India on becoming cricket world champions. It was well deserved and shows what can be accomplished when one is committed to a goal and when one gives...
for the marine engineers out here ..I have this pice of equipment I am trying to set up and use ,, for fuel oil clarifying ..do I need to heat...
This is an abrasive process, in which abrasive stones of very fine grit size about 400 to 600 is used. The final product produced is very polished and almost always...
The description of the video says: "We're hiring autocompleters for Google Search! Are you passionate about helping people? Are you intuitive? Do you often feel like you know what your...