1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Will Machines Rule after 10 years?

Question asked by Karshil Sheth in #Debates #Coffee Room on Feb 16, 2020
Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth · Feb 16, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

I was thinking about robots and automation, while I came to know that if we just develop and develop automation like this, one day robot will be the kings. So what should we do in order to control such automation in the industry and save the life of billions of laborers, workers and many other people who are doing their work manually. 

Are we going to revolutionized or counterrevolution will happen? 

Posted in: #Debates #Coffee Room
Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan · Feb 16, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

You can't say machines will rule.

With the rapid advancement of technology, its obvious that machines will play most of the roles in day to day life. But along with the advancement of machines the human brains are also evolving.

The machines were created by the humans in the first place. So its more likely that humans will also upgrade themselves accordingly and they will be the master of machines as they are now.

bill yorke
bill yorke · Feb 17, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

machines wont rule but it will make humans insignificant/ devalued

As Mausam features, the peril of AI isn't that it will get independent. The threat is that it will be utilized by people, in the threatening way no one but people can utilize something. 

This is additionally a threat that Yuval Noah Harari features so appropriately in his book Homo Deus, in which he contends that couple of elites will have the option to manage over - and this won't be rule of lenient promoters - over masses utilizing AI-helped machines. The risks of AI, contends Harari, is that it totally devalues people.

Noothan Kumar
Noothan Kumar · Feb 22, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

Will the rise of the robots put humans in second place?

From who’s perspective? Each human believes themself to be the center of their universe… (and since our perceptions are our reality… for all intents and purposes… we are… ;-)

Robots might feel the same way.

There’s a lot of diversity in humans… we’re not all the same… and I suspect that robots will be diverse also. There may be some that find dignity in servitude (to humans). Others may reject us and seek independence.

But I don’t think that they’ll “take over the world” unless we ask them to.

There really isn’t any reason for them to take it from us unwillingly.

There’s no reason for them to remain on Earth and compete with us for limited resources when they could go to space and have virtually unlimited (solar) energy and (other planets, moons, asteroids, comets, etc.) resources.

OTOH they don’t need gravity, our corrosive (oxygen & water) atmosphere or any of us harry apes

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up