Will internship purely into manual testing help my career?

Hi ,
I took up an QA internship at a startup couple of months ago. At the time of the interview the TL told me that i could get a chance to work on automation in 2-3 months time. But last time i talked to my TL i came to know that tests will most probably not be automated during my internship period.
I have completed two months in my internship and have 4 more months left. I manually test the android,ios and mobile web application of the product they are building. However the manual testing process is conducted without any planning or documentation. I just look for bugs and report it to the developers.
My main question is-
Do you think this internship experience could benefit me and i could leverage it for a full time job some place else in the future(In automation)?
P.S. I have been learning selenium web driver in my free time.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anonymoustester
    Do you think this internship experience could benefit me and i could leverage it for a full time job some place else in the future(In automation)?
    It will help definitely. However, since you're already learning Selenium tool; who's stopping you from writing your own cases for automation? Why not get in touch with the guys who know automation testing in the QA team and ask them to check your work? That'd definitely give you an edge.

You're learning, and there are several ways to learn. Ignore what they want you to do; and start learning automation as well on your own. If you think they won't appreciate your work; don't show it to them. I'm sure someone from their existing automation team will definitely guide you. You'll have to ask around.

All the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT: Elite Portal is a Mobile Application It is a Application for a Institution or a University to help student to get information and resources...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project "MICRORAPTOR" is a development of such vehicle that provides flexibility on land, water even in the air transportation. It is capable of moving...
Respected members, I m BE (Comp) pass out studentof 2013 but I never tried anywhere to apply for the job but now I want to do that. What should I...
It's just not you! The recently released iOS 9.3 firmware upgrade screwed the GSM iPad 2. After the firmware upgrade the older iPad would just keep reporting that it has...
Apple iPad 2 seems to have plenty of issues getting to work with the latest iOS 9.3 firmware. At first, the iPad 2 (GSM) would refuse to activate and thus...