Will India's $35 PC survive?

India's $35 PC; which is a result of a student project; has been making news since last few days. The electronic gadget, inspired by iPAD promises a web browser, wi-fi, 2GB memory, USB connectivity and multimedia applications may touch down to $10 according to India's HRD minister Kapil Sibal.

How the device works, is still not known. What is your opinion on the low cost PC by Indian engineers?

Do you think it will work?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Its has no HD right? but I think it should do the job just fine.
    like the TATA NANO..
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    if that tablet got good size and ragidity, it will definately work...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I hope it does, cause I want to grab some for my projects 😛
  • akshay.sarode18
    akshay.sarode18
    I dont think Tht it will servive .. Who will Do the Rpoduction much faster ,,??
    and as it has a low Cost .. it has Low Profit too.. So there wud be less companies taking the contract.. the price may increase
  • sunil.raiyani
    sunil.raiyani
    MY dear friend this project all ready given to HCL for production. i think try to give the support to our government, dont become frog of the well. If you have any doubt regarding hardware/ software than try to represent it to proper person, try to get the solution of it, but dont try to discourage to India and its innovation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've often believed that once an employee resigns, the max notice period should be one week. However, in the industry, the notice period usually varies from one month for junior...
N.R. Narayana Murthy wants S. D. Shibulal (COO) to occupy CEO's seat in 2012 when current CEO Kris Gopalkrishnan completes his tenure in Infosys. Kris G will continue to be...
Our CEan MayurPathak has published a PDF book containing 5 of his best love stories on his blog. You may download the book here: Collection Of Love Stories By Mayur...
This thread invites nominations for the ongoing contest - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...ion-announcement-best-thread-contributor.html Which thread do you think should be awarded best thread? Post the links in this thread 😀 Let's see what...
CEans who are into QA might be interested in this job opportunity - We have immense pleasure in representing ourselves from NOVO, a Bangalore based consulting company with its presence...