Will India Become Super Power By 2020? How?

It was Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam who gave Indians the vision 2020. By the way, regular public is totally clueless about what vision 2020 is and how different India will be by the end of the decade. What the common perception people have is - Indian will become super power by 2020.

What does super power mean? No one knows.

So, with all the confusions about vision 2020 and super power; do you think India will become super power by end of the decade? If yes, how? If not, why?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Probably another 20 will prevent it. In most areas handled by government only 20% of the money is actually used for the intended purpose. The rest goes in peripheral expenses. This is true of R&D as well.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Someone answer these first before diving in to actual topic-What will India do after being superpower? Why do we need to become superpower? Can't we live happily without it?

I am totally clueless. ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Someone answer these first before diving in to actual topic-What will India do after being superpower? Why do we need to become superpower? Can't we live happily without it?

I am totally clueless. ๐Ÿ‘€
    Dr. Kalam is the best person to answer this.
  • ~on*kiyu
    ~on*kiyu
    India will become the super power after some years
    because all the other nations nowadays is facing either political instabilities or recession
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ~on*kiyu
    India will become the super power after some years
    because all the other nations nowadays is facing either political instabilities or recession
    How about a more detailed response? What makes you think India will become a 'super power' and what is your concept of a super power? Also, what do you think will make India survive when the rest of the world is facing economic problems? What's India got to survive in the troubled times?
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    may be 'super power' word says no poverty and unemployment....what do you say biggie!!!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Super Super Power if India can feed every single mouth every single day!

[EDITED]

My vision of Super Power India:
    • Food for every single person every single day.
    • Employment opportunities for ALL, without any bias.
    • EQUALITY in all respects.
    • Eradicate POLITICS.
    • Clean and hygienic India.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Definition of super power accepted. So, what's the plan for making India super power by 2020?

By the way, China won't like it ๐Ÿ˜–
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Definition of super power accepted. So, what's the plan for making India super power by 2020?

By the way, China won't like it ๐Ÿ˜–
    Super Power by 2020. It is the beginning of 2012, so that leaves us with 8 / 9 years o become Super Power India.

This is my opinion, based on my vision of Super Power India. Correct me if I am wrong. I really don't understand the government well, it confuses me ๐Ÿ˜•

Going by the way the government functions, so just coming up with the plan will take around a year and more. Then there will be objections / further discussions in the House, which will take say another year. Another year or two will go in collecting the resources and man power. Then when the plan will be put into action, the government will create some chaos (please read POLITICS), and then every action will be put on hold. A year or so goes by. Another year or two goes by in Silence, where the respective responsible people involved will wait for the other to take the initiative.
    So let me sum up the years so far = 1.5 + 1 + 1.5 + 1.5 + 1.5 = 7 years.
    So leaves us with just 2 years, and time just flies by.
    Since its already 2020 and nothing is working according to plan, so change of plan.
    Repeat the (above) procedure.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    This tag super power cannot be attached to our country by set of people,its a team work(every citizen of our country),and the work here seems to be so many things and one among them was doing your duty perfectly without getting attracted to bribes to increase bank balance...irrespective of the work you are doing.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The problem is even if people know what super power and vision 2020 is; no one has a plan to execute.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Dancer_Engineer
    Super Super Power if India can feed every single mouth every single day!

[EDITED]

My vision of Super Power India:
    • Food for every single person every single day.
    • Employment opportunities for ALL, without any bias.
    • EQUALITY in all respects.
    • Eradicate POLITICS.
    • Clean and hygienic India.

Hmm.. 2 questions. Which countries do you think are the super powers?
    And do you think those countries really satisfy the above requirements?

I think everyone will accept USA to be a superpower. I definitely don't think every American is assured of daily food. Nor is employment available for everyone there.

Some other countries which we might consider to be super powers, like Japan and some European countries, are slightly better at the same criteria. But they don't quite fulfill the above requirements fully, too.

I would say, the conditions said above would probably constitute a Utopia, rather than a super power.
    I would define a super power to be a nation, that through its economic, military strengths or other strategic advantages, has the ability to influence the international society and affect the policies and decisions concerning the economic, social and military issues of other nations, usually to further its own interests. Sometimes, for the general good too. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Adding to the above point, one country I can think of, which mostly fulfills almost all of the conditions mentioned above, is Singapore. There may be others, but Singapore was the one that first came to my mind. Now, who would agree that Singapore is a super power?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    silverscorpion
    Hmm.. 2 questions. Which countries do you think are the super powers?
    And do you think those countries really satisfy the above requirements?
    Ok.
    That is my Vision of Super Power India.
    I feel if the basics are fulfilled, the rest will follow. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • pranav_vanarp
    pranav_vanarp
    One of the major problems facing India is overpopulation.And the sad truth is that majority of it doesn't have the proper education and financial resources to count as an asset at the current juncture of our nationhood. What's more the minority population which does have access to a proper education is being educated in a system which hasn't seen any major innovations since the British introduced it. Thus , I feel
    2020 is too soon to transform India. Any major changes that we could see will come only after the time span during which one generation grows from childhood to youth , i.e 20 years. So any decisions taken now will show fruit in 2030.Dr Kalam had written the book in early 2000s so he had a 20 years span in mind. By the looks of it not many seemed to have followed his advice.
    So if we wake up now and take stern actions now we will see any change by 2030. Indians will have to behave as a nation and not as a group of people. Ours is a land of diversity and the sad truth is we were never a nation in history (except in case of few rulers) but were a commonwealth of small nations which had a common culture. But this shouldn't stop us from being united , we could learn from the Americans. It is a land of immigrants but they are doing well as a nation because they have a common goal - which is to live the American dream.
    We can see that the American dream has many faults so we must develop our own Indian dream.

Dr A P J Kalam has developed a formula which is simple but needs efforts to be implemented. It's efficacy lies in it' s simplicity. In his speeches and books he usually proposes few steps which each student/youth should take so that the country moves forward in the right direction. I will #-Link-Snipped-# him directly -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

1. I realize, I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge, I will work hard, and when the problem occurs, I have to defeat the problem and succeed.
    2. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.
    3. I shall always keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighbourhood and environment clean and tidy.
    4. I realize righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character, beauty in the character brings harmony in the home, harmony in the home leads to order in the nation and order in the nation leads to peace in the world.
    5. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example for others including my home to adopt a righteous way of life.
    6. I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit forever.
    7. I realize, whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realizing the vision of developed India 2020.
    How many of us are sincerely following his footsteps (or something similar) ?

P.S -
    The following is Dr Kalam's definition of a superpower , it shouldn't be much different than yours:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#

1. A Nation where the rural and urban divide has reduced to a thin line.
    2. A Nation where there is an equitable distribution and adequate access to energy and quality water.
    3. A Nation where agriculture, industry and service sector work together in symphony.
    4. A Nation where education with value system is not denied to any meritorious candidates because of societal or economic discrimination.
    5. A Nation, which is the best destination for the most talented scholars, scientists, and investors.
    6. A Nation where the best of health care is available to all.
    7. A Nation where the governance is responsive, transparent and corruption free.
    8. A Nation where poverty has been totally eradicated, illiteracy removed and crimes against women and children are absent and none in the society feels alienated.
    9. A Nation that is prosperous, healthy, secure, devoid of terrorism, peaceful and happy and continues with a sustainable growth path.
    10. A Nation that is one of the best places to live in and is proud of its leadership through creative and effective leadership in Parliament, State Assemblies and other institutions of the State.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    pranav_vanarp
    One of the major problems facing India is overpopulation.And the sad truth is that majority of it doesn't have the proper education and financial resources to count as an asset at the current juncture of our nationhood. What's more the minority population which does have access to a proper education is being educated in a system which hasn't seen any major innovations since the British introduced it. Thus , I feel
    2020 is too soon to transform India. Any major changes that we could see will come only after the time span during which one generation grows from childhood to youth , i.e 20 years. So any decisions taken now will show fruit in 2030.Dr Kalam had written the book in early 2000s so he had a 20 years span in mind. By the looks of it not many seemed to have followed his advice.
    So if we wake up now and take stern actions now we will see any change by 2030. Indians will have to behave as a nation and not as a group of people. Ours is a land of diversity and the sad truth is we were never a nation in history (except in case of few rulers) but were a commonwealth of small nations which had a common culture. But this shouldn't stop us from being united , we could learn from the Americans. It is a land of immigrants but they are doing well as a nation because they have a common goal - which is to live the American dream.
    We can see that the American dream has many faults so we must develop our own Indian dream.

Dr A P J Kalam has developed a formula which is simple but needs efforts to be implemented. It's efficacy lies in it' s simplicity. In his speeches and books he usually proposes few steps which each student/youth should take so that the country moves forward in the right direction. I will #-Link-Snipped-# him directly -

How many of us are sincerely following his footsteps (or something similar) ?

P.S -
    The following is Dr Kalam's definition of a superpower , it shouldn't be much different than yours:-
    Ultimately, One has to change themselves to see the change they want to see so that at least India would become better, if not super power.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    We have all read enormous reports in various magazines, newspapers, public surverys about India rising to be a superpower by 2020. Our former president and the most revered Dr APJ Abdul Kalam even wrote a book on it.

All these predictions were made in the early-mid years of the first decade of 21st century. Today after 10years of the idea, Do we still find ourselves in the position to become a superpower in the next 5-6 years?

If Yes, what makes you think so?
    If No, what do you think changed in the past 10 years and where did we go wrong?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I think this will be a primary concern before that:
    Will INDIA be DEVELOPED by 2020?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Merged similar discussions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Government has finally 'said it'. The government says that if the popular search engine 'Google' and social networking website 'Facebook' do not remove objectionable content from their databases, they...
Blitzkrieg 12 is a Technical Fest organized by St. Josephs College of Engineering and Technology, Kottayam. It is conducted by department of Computer Science and Engineering of the college. BlitzKrieg...
Troika is the annual technical festival of IEEE DTU student branch. In its 17th year now, Troika isn't just another technical festival. At IEEE DTU, the environment is jollified and...
Pragna 2012 is a Technical Paper Contest conducted by Kakinanda Institute of Technological Sciences, Ramachandrapuram. Topics for Technical Paper Contest are: CSE and IT: Artificial Intelligence Data Mining and Warehousing...
The Studebaker company planted a sign that is half mile long using red and white pine trees in 1938. This is now taken on as a heritage site for conservation....