Wi-Fi Design for IBS

My Fellow Engineers,
I would like to seek your expertise on how a wi-fi solution is setup in a Building.
What is the typical setup especially inside the equipment room?
ISP > Router > Switch > Controller > AP ?
Hoping for your kind response on this.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How many end-users do you expect for the proposed network?
  • Jackie Lo
    Jackie Lo
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How many end-users do you expect for the proposed network?
    Looking at 140 APs x 10 concurrent users @ Hospital
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi Jackie,
    You can try the below topology. Controller is connected to the core switch:
    ISP - Router - FW - Core Switch - Many Access Switches (e.g 1 per floor) - APs
    |
    AP Controller

Just keep in mind that for WiFi deployments, it is advisable to do WiFi surveying to optimize your placements of the APs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Chinese smartphone manufacturer 'Coolpad' has launched its new smartphone the Note 3 at a discounted price of Rs. 8,499 exclusively via Amazon. The company recently announced that under the government's...
Hi.. I am new to ETABS. I like to start from the beginning. I need to design a Reinforced Concrete beam. Is it possible to find out the depth and...
The first time I watched Fantastic Voyage, the 1966 movie where a submarine along with a crew is shrunk and injected into the blood stream of a scientist in order...
Good Afternoon Kaustubh sir , Sir can you please guide about me about internship, I am currently in 6th semester and will be appearing for my theory examinations . I...
Your Facebook messages will soon come with a ticking time bomb that would destroy them after you have viewed them on Messenger. Yes, Snapchat style self destructing messages are soon...