Why we should all be concerned by Bloodhound’s demise?

The Engineer (UK) says:

The demise of Bloodhound SSC is a worrying sign that we no longer dare to dream writes our anonymous blogger. 

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

We were following with the Bloodhound SSC team for a long time and even featured them in Founders Circuit: #-Link-Snipped-#

The project died because of lack of funding - which is definitely concerning. I'd have loved to see Richard Branson and Virgin team get involved. However, I think the project's financial requirements were too much. 

They could even have considered raising funds through crowdfunding. Not sure if that'd have worked for them. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Update: Bloodhound project is back on the track. Mechanical engineer Ian Warhurst has bought the project and has vowed to continue the project. 

The new schedule of the test runs and final record-breaking attempt will be declared in coming days. I hope to see the car in motion soon! 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

This is the announcement:

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/bloodhound-ian-warhurst/?cmpid=tenews_6927481&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=tenews&adg=B9661AD2-80C4-45E6-885B-771A5905C40A

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Engineer (UK) says:Aston Martin has released technical details for the 6.5-litre V12 engine that will sit at the heart of its Valkyrie hypercar, due to hit the streets in...
Can you explain what is the main motto of paper presentation,do we need to put innovation ideas in that topic.
I am B.Tech in Civil then completed B.ed course. Interested to be TGT in KVS.As Per latest KVS employment i am only eligible for PRT. I want to know is...
In 2018, the automobile market showed an unprecedented downturn, and most automobile brand sales showed a downward trend. Feilong Jiangli of Chongqing believes that the factors that keep the car...
I'm already in my sixth semester and the placement rounds will begin in nearly 4-5 months. I'm tensed as to what to do and how to proceed. What extra courses...