why we generally prefer nand logic over nor,though both are universal gates??

why we generally prefer nand logic over nor,though both are universal gates??

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, it depends on your requirements from the circuit.

This difference in performance between NAND and NOR arises because of CMOS architecture.

In NAND, the NMOS transistors are arranged in a stack and PMOS transistors are connected in parallel.

In NOR, the PMOS transistors are arranged in a stack and NMOS transistors are connected in parallel.

In any circuit, if PMOS is used, it results in larger propagation delay. That's why NMOS devices are generally preferred.

But there are cases too where NOR gates are preferred

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey everyone, I've been registered on CE for a long time now. At first I just posted 2-3 posts just because I found out that this was a great place...
I need to join a summer training in north india after 6th semester. so pls guide me that where should I apply for it.
Persistent System's Official Press Release: Source: https://www.persistentsys.com/newpspl/pdf/PSL_IPO_PR.pdf Mumbai, March 15, 2010: Persistent Systems Limited (the “Company”) is tapping the capital market on March 17, 2010 (“Issue Opening Date”), with an...
Hi friends, I am a new member of this forum. I do not know where to post this question that is why I am posting it here. Actually I want...
hi! guys, I am final year student of information technology.Now i have to do my major training and i want to do it from iitk...so can anybody help me out...