Why these updates requires in ubuntu..??

Hello friend's,
Currently i am using ubuntu 10.04 LTS.But It need to be updated on regular time interval.Even in 5 to 6 day's i have to update 30 to 40 mb files.
I don't think a company released his updates in just 5 to 6 days.
Can any one make me know why these updates required.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, All those who have read the posts from from him know one thing for sure, he is serious about engineering. His posts have been interesting as well as informative....
TechCrunch reports that Yahoo is about to go through another massive re-organization on Tuesday (Oct. 5) and that means there will be more layoffs at Yahoo. Another top Yahoo boss,...
If you (like me) love playing the classic video games (even today) I am sure you have played the ultra-popular games like: Super-Mario, Pac-Man, Tetris and Contra. If you are...
I saw this video and thought this could have been a GREAT final year project for engineering students. See how a simple problem has been solved by these folks. Watch...
Hello everyone, i am an undergraduate student of mechanical engineering and production technology in Finland, I just joined this site. I hope i get more professional tips here....😀