Why The Current Leads Voltage In Case Of Capacitor

Why The Current Leads Voltage In Case Of Capacitor??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    i= dv/dt in a capacitor

i think mostly the differentiated signals suffer a lagging shift

here the voltage is lagged behind the current

don't know exactly why ????😕
  • naveee
    naveee
    since capacitor is a charge storing device.it discharge the charges present so .... current is always more than voltage so leads the volatge by 180 phase
    Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
  • rohit_jun22
    rohit_jun22
    in a purely inductive circuit the voltage and current waveforms are not in phase. Inductance opposes change in current due to the back emf effect. This causes the current to reach its peak value some time after the voltage. So in an inductive circuit, current "LAGS" voltage.
    Capacitance has the property of delaying changes in voltage as described. That is, the applied voltage reaches steady state only after a time dictated by the time constant. In AC circuits voltage and current are changing continuously, and in a purely capacitive AC circuit the peak value of the voltage waveform occurs a quarter of a cycle after the peak value of the current. Therefore a phase shift is occurring in the capacitor, the amount of phase shift between voltage and current is +90° for a purely capacitive circuit, with the current LEADING the voltage. The opposite phase shift to an inductive circuit

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

GUYZ... if any one is intrested in this project of "a solution to remote detection of illegal electricity"...this file will be too helpful for you... along with this pdf, also...
Hello friends! Through this thread we would share about the inventions and discoveries in various fields may be physics, chemistry or any.This may help us to increase our general knowledge....
"MECON 2013" 1st International conference on Mobile and Embedded technology is organized by Department of Electronics and Communication at Amity School of Engineering, Noida, Uttar Pradesh on 17th- 18th January...
Project training/ OR softwares .. which are beneficial in getting placed or moving ahaed the career ladder ?
i am interested in sound system based topics.I want to know whether e&c/e&e branch is good for my interest?please reply.