Why Performance Of Android Phones Is Slow ?

As we know,
Android is using Java compatible Libs & running on VM, is this the reason why Android consumes too much of RAM ?

-In blog,I have read that - only reason why Android suck is that it's still using Java Libs & running using DVM which makes it too slow & very hard for porting (Hence we find low-end device can't be updated to JB & still using GB).

- While, On other side iOS,Ubuntu & even WP ain't using Java in their OS, hence making it much more faster & smooth with longer battery life.

Back to question,
I wanna know how ROM using Java Libs & running using DVM can affect the performance ?
I know java is much higher language than C & all that, if it's there any other reason than this then please share me some knowledge ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Troll_So_Hard
    As we know,
    Android is using Java compatible Libs & running on VM, is this the reason why Android consumes too much of RAM ?
    see this link Google engineer tells us why iOS will remain more fluid than Android OS - Android CommunityAnd ya java is not slower now a days java is used for gaming purpose but ya you can say that it looses the OS compatibility.
    That is why i am waiting for ANDROID X86 OS to come into the market.

Troll_So_Hard
    I wanna know how ROM using Java Libs & running using DVM can affect the performance ?
    Actually DVM is using the concept of JNI(java native interface) to communicate with low level libraries as in JVM.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a very good discovery! I wonder what made Google engineers opt to render the graphics continuously and it seems to be a wiser decision to queue graphics rendering. I'm quoting Google engineer Andrew Munn -

Itโ€™s not GC pauses. Itโ€™s not because Android runs bytecode and iOS runs native code. Itโ€™s because on iOS all UI rendering occurs in a dedicated UI thread with real-time priority. On the other hand, Android follows the traditional PC model of rendering occurring on the main thread with normal priority.
    What say you, people?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Small_k
    i am waiting for ANDROID X86 OS to come into the market.
    And how is that gonna happen ?
    Moreover, Why developers will re-code(or port) entire Android OS for x86 systems ?
    What will be the benefits ?

#-Link-Snipped-# I am keen to know why you want Android for x86 systems. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    #-Link-Snipped-# ANDROID X86 OS is available in the market You can install it in your PC. But it's not specially developed for PC. Still Google is working to launch a real desktop version of ANDROID.

Troll_So_Hard
    I am keen to know why you want Android for x86 systems. ๐Ÿ˜€
    You know why java application loads slower on windows ?
    It's because JAVA looses the OS compatibility. In the case of window 1st it has to connect the JVM then it will execute your application.

As a java developer i want OS that is compatible to JAVA๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I believe that's an opensource project, so Google's Devs ain't really working on it.
    Many OpenSource Projects are allowed by Big companies when some group of enthusiasts/developers are ready to give some work & sign the petition.
    As in Ubuntu, when Ubuntu Phones was announced for nexus only, many Linux lovers came up to sign the petition so that Canonical keeps the ROM OpenSource (anyways they were gonna keep it OpenSource, We lovers of Ubuntu were just over-concerned) & allows to port for other devices.I think Canonical takes XDA Developers a lot seriously.

Coming back to point,Google is more interested in Chrome OS than Android OS.

Java is Miles away from Machine Language that's the reason why C will be preferred for OS development.

And ofcourse Android uses Linux Kernel so does other OpenSource Distros like Ubuntu,Fedora,Sabayon,Gentoo, etc. & thus I don't see any future of Android's future in x86 system, they should stick to ARM only ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sarbojit
    Sarbojit
    Given a choice, ubuntu for mobile is what I'm going for. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last week was one hella crazy 7 days, - Ubuntu Released ROM for Phones. - Ubuntu announced ROM for Tablets. - Sony revealed PlayStation 4. - Kernel 3.8 released. -...
Hey guys, my friend is basically a mechanical engineer. Now he is into a textile industry, please recommend a source(weblink, books, videos etc) , so that he can get through...
Hello Everyone! I would like to have some help and support from you guys in calculating a few parameters regarding centrifugal fan in aspiration system. Your help will be highly...
Flipkar is offering some of selected albums from all geners to download MP3 for fee.๐Ÿ˜ Get here a legal copy of yours. This is amazing offer and some of the...
How to apply input:230V,1phase AC to a transformer in proteus simulation?