Why our web browsers and applet does not provide direct accessing of system files ?

Hello friend's,
As we know our browser does not provide direct accessing of system files due to the security reason.Even applet does not provide direct accessing of system files due to security reason.
But i didn't understand which type of security they are taling about.
What happen when we provide direct accessing of system files through browser ?
😔

Replies

• anirow
    anirow
    Re: Why our web browsers and applet does not provide direct accessing of system files

well system files are the core files which makes a server or for that matter any computer run efficiently. If access is given to system files of the webserver, any body with the malicious intent could corrupt it or delete it. consequences are not too hard to guess.
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    Re: Why our web browsers and applet does not provide direct accessing of system files

I don't know about browsers but i can tell about applets.In java you can not access any file directly.All activities are under control of JVM.Java does not have pointers.This is the reason behind its Secure nature.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu

@anirow thanks for ur help !!
  • anirow
    anirow

You are most welcome Mohit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata Motors has struggled hard to promote Tata Aria MPV, the first India crossover car. So far, the sales of Aria in India have not been impressive, the main reason...
ok, this has been taken up many times- but i think i have figured out a 'might-work' solution. Honesty If every CEan can remember that they are on a technical...
Mazda is one of the most popular brands in the Japanese market and its charm prevails in other global markets too. For quite a while this 5th largest Japanese automaker...
News Corp is one of the big names in the media. They purchased MySpace back in 2005 for cool $580 million and now they are willing to sell it only...
In case you missed our VoiCE coverage, SETI project has shut down because of lack of funds. You may however donate and bring the project back to life and help...