Why MCB trips without load ?

In my home one mcb tripping with out load after 2 to 3 mins.

I switched off all loads. and switched ON the Mcb, but with in 2 to 3 mins that Mcb is tripping.

Is there any perfect reason for Mcb tripping.? Please help me to resolve it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The reasons could be multiple. Difficult to comment without knowing details. Are you absolutely sure that the MCB's tripping without any load?
  • varaprasad reddy
    varaprasad reddy
    yes, I switched off all loads under that mcb's, but after 2 to 3 mins mcb is going to tripping. If I switched again that Mcb, on that spot Mcb tripping.

Could u pls tell me the reasons for tripping ?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Seems like a faulty contact. You should check all the switches in the circuit.
  • LeeRobson
    LeeRobson
    Could be a multitude of issues. Faulty MCB, cable faults, could be anything. You should get someone with relevant qualifications to test the circuit and rule out problems with the cable or to diagnose a fault with the MCB.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey everyone, I'm doing my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, currently in third year. Honestly, i spent the two years in my engineering not knowing what I'm actually doing. I just...
We're keen to use the latest technology, and all we're often left out is with this. Don't we have anything to say about it? Have we not let these companies...
The advancement in technology has shown us eras with Lathe being called the mother of all machines,the dedicated manufacturing system and the flexible manufacturing system. The dedicated manufacturing system was...
A team of students at Columbia University has been working on a robotic arm that reacts to facial gestures. The robotic arm is called, well, ARM, which stands for Assistive...
Samsung is back with yet another tablet (how often do we use 'yet another' here?) that's featuring an 8-inch screen and so it won't categorize in the smartphone section ever....