1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Why many students do opt Engineering after 12TH?

Question asked by Noothan Kumar in #Debates #Career Help #Campus Placements on Jan 21, 2020
Noothan Kumar
Noothan Kumar · Jan 21, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

I saw many peoples from after 12 th they most like engineering and why????

Posted in: #Debates #Career Help #Campus Placements
supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda · Jan 21, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

There is no other choice for many students to get into medical or horticulture. If students parents are government employees then they will come under general and for their parents force or there interest many students choose engineering after 12th.

Many students think BSc as low level and they don't get respect and they think if they do engineering they will get more respect in society, so many students opt for engineering. 

Even i had dream of doing medical but i come under general and i didn't get medical or horticulture so i thought of taking engineering and i was okay with engineering now.

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 21, 2020
Rank B3 - LEADER

Lack of awareness is the biggest problem in India. And another reason is many engineering colleges. 

You can do CA or actuarial science no one know the future and applications of it hence engineering is chosen.

Kavya Burramolla
Kavya Burramolla · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

In my view one reason for most of the students choosing engineering is because there is no clear idea about what’s the scope of other fields or educational courses. Initially there were less number of engineering colleges or universities offering the engineering courses and the competition for getting the seats in those top universities was very tough. Even now the competition is tough but there are alternatives if not top universities one can choose other colleges which is of their convenience. So, many of the students opt for engineering keeping in mind it can be done through any college.

On the other hand there are students who truly love doing engineering and their passion drives them to get into engineering sector. 

Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth · Jan 23, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

I think due to the increased number of seats, students are taking admission like anything. I feel now the education has become business and somethings are really needed to be changed. In the past an Engineer was known as Solution to problems and Innovator. But with increase in this field has lower down the importance. Many many students which are not interested in engineering do take engineering and are wasting the seats of others for those who are really interested and passionate.

Sorry for moving away from the topic but I feel it was the truth that people need to understand and its importance. Also some are choosing engineering as it has less number of study years compared to Mbbs. Hence it has increase in demand.  

bill yorke
bill yorke · Jan 24, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Most students don't like engineering after 12th, they NEED medical and horticulture among other professions but at the same time WANT engineering. When they finally settle for engineering, clearly it is a compromise and adjustment to the societal expectations and ones personal esteem. 

I believe this could soon grow into career crisis given that we will have a society which is undeniably educated but not passionate on what the career entails. This should be fixed.

Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
Rank A2 - PRO

Misconceptions lead to mass entry of students into engineering sector without the basic knowledge and infrastructure to pursue the career they wish. For instance there are more than 500 engineering colleges in Tamil nadu alone and more than 1lakhengineers come out with degree every year . There are limited number of arts,medical and other colleges. Heavy brainwashing has been carried by college admin to lure people to their colleges.The fact that was more frightening is most of the colleges lack proper professors,infrastructure to give good education for solid professional carrer. Due to unavailability of these, lakhs of unskilled engineers pass out and struggle to land on a good job.

Back on question, Engineering is one of fthe professional courses where people can afford which leads many parents to make the children pursue engineering.More colleges means the probability of getting a seat in engineering colleges is high than a medical seat.

Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan · Jan 26, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

There are a lots of reasons behind it.

1. People find it easier than other options.

2. Better job opoortunity compare to simple hons

3. Scope of dealing with programming and stuff.

4. Passion towards being an engineer.

5. No options left other than it.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up