Why isn't CEoM performing as intended?

Well, last year when CEoM was released, a lot of enthusiasm was there in the community. A lot of traffic was fetched and a lot of people participated actively. Over the time, the contest has been made easier and the points value also doubled. It is simpler as compared to earlier. But I dont see any participation in the contest? No one is taking it seriously now it seems. The top person has 2600 points or something. 10,000 less than the top spot which is @#-Link-Snipped-# . Why did we lost charm in the contest? The traffic seems ot be fine.

Personally, I have been a lot busy with my startups. Any idea where the other members ran away?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The CEoM kindof reinforced the fact the money isn't the greatest motivator. We stopped promoting it because a lot of members still find it extremely difficult to start new discussions.

One of the reasons why 'news' based post outnumber regular discussions.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    There could be another strategy towards it. The CE Hall of Fame should be pumped up and can be used to lure people. It is certainly a big advantage to put on one's resume. Some kind of benefits added to a luring title can be a good motivator. We are a community of 1,50,000 engineers. Getting into the hall of fame is one hell of an achievement. Though it is easy to achieve also.

And as for people are not able to create threads because virtually a lot has already been posted on CE to which general people have access to in public domain. All the relevant news articles are already getting covered on daily basis. What is left is petty "college project/stuff help" topics. We have to come up with something more which can add to "what to do on CE". Right now its only discussions about knowledge. Something more could be promoted as well. We can imply personal blogging and Q&A session kind of concept also. Hangouts can also help us. This will also strengthen bond between people.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I like the idea of having Q&A sessions. Could you elaborate more on this one?

As far as personal blogging is concerned, I believe the renamed section - "CAFE" should serve the purpose. What we need is some enthusiastic participants who can blog about anything under the sky and are willing to share it with readers here.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Q&A sessions means it can be a particular time slot when people can ask questions to someone freely, someone who has made some technology, product, innovated something and help understand others also. A rapid communication. Generally it will boost interaction and we already have a lot of people in CE community who have done remarkable work in one or the other fields. Personal to Professional Q&A session will motivate others also and increase contacts and bonding.

How do you plan to share blogs with people?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cornell University researchers from India and America namely Apoorva Kiran and Robert MacCurdy who are graduate students in mechanical engineering have been successful in 3D-printing of a Loudspeaker - a...
Hello Friends, I have registered on nextsteptcs.com since a one and a half month. But still i have not got any reply from there side. How will i come to...
Hey guys!! I need some help finding a project in digital communications, any ideas?!
I am Netradeep Dhonde and currently pursuing my graduation in Computer Science and Engineering(3rd year) from RCOEM,Nagpur. I am fond of music. Specially Indian classical music.I can play Tabla and...
Inkjets and laserjets are old. Say hello to the new water-jet printers that promise to save your ink, money, jungles (consumes lesser paper too) and ultimately help saving our planet...