Why HV transmission lines are provided with ground wires?

why hv transmission lines are provided with ground wires as the topmost conductor

Replies

• Anuj Aggarwal
    Anuj Aggarwal
    aarthivg
    why hv transmission lines are provided with ground wires as the topmost conductor
    HV lines are provided with ground wires as the top most conductor so as to guard the line from lightning strikes by grounding the surge as soon as it comes....
  • pknaveen17
    pknaveen17
    aarthivg
    Anuj Aggarwal
    HV lines are provided with ground wires as the top most conductor so as to guard the line from lightning strikes by grounding the surge as soon as it comes....
    and there is no transient effect occur in Voltage of transmission line.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On 1st May, Mr. X arrived in a new city and was looking for a place to stay. He met a landlard who offered to rent his apartment at a...
The biggest stumbling block for ISEET has been the opposition from the prestigious IITs. They had opposed the proposed inclusion of std. 12 board exam marks to determine the ranking...
Name: Abhay Kochar Engineering Trade: Magento commerce, Joomla CMS, Wordpress, PHP etc. Location: Nagpur Occupation: Founder/CEO @ WebGile Solutions Work Experience: Founder/ CEO: WebGile Solutions May-2012 till Date Founder/ CTO:...
I am developing an online leave management system, I dont know how can I send Email n notification to the administrator through the web application. anyone having idea do guide...
When you look at what surrounds you, you will agree that you've felt it your entire life that there is something wrong. Something terribly wrong. You just didn't know what...