Why electrical loose connections generate heat?

Here is my video answer:

Replies

• sunnyjoe
    sunnyjoe
    Loose connectors create a high resistance to electrical current flow. This means that there is resistance to the electric current flow causing power to be dissipated as heat. You should get the wall outlet fixed because it could cause a fire. However, I was surprised that the cord is getting hot. If it is getting hot evenly along its length it is not the socket at fault. You should use networking equipments that are of good quality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hailing from Patna, the capital of Bihar where every other student either prepares for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) or other government jobs, Sushant Kumar grew up in a middle...
I am starting this thread here about fitness on a technical forum in its rightful Misc topic because everything else covers various facets of our jobs and technical expertise. This...
Not even a month has passed and there is yet another malware attack after WannaCry ransomware. Check Point threat Intelligence and research team has recently discovered a new malware, going...
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has just launched its MyCALL Android app on Google Play Store. Once the app is installed on the phone, users can rate their...
Research engineers from Rice University, Texas have developed an innovative pacemaker that ditches batteries and wires but uses microwaves to power itself. It can be implemented directly into patient's heart....