why do we refresh?

anyone can tel me that why do we refresh?
like right click and click on refresh. or use F5 button which is use 4 refresh.

Replies

• akravikanth
    akravikanth
    Spiderman
    Its just to reapply all the settings... But normally after we done some operation, we click refresh some 3 to 4 times just for a refresh of ourself๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • crook
    crook
    akravikanth
    Its just to reapply all the settings... But normally after we done some operation, we click refresh some 3 to 4 times just for a refresh of ourself๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Nice answer akravikanth ๐Ÿ˜. We refresh web page to reload all content. Its as simple as that. Even your computer display is refreshed at a fast rate (around 75 k cycles). But pointless right click and refresh is just waste of time ๐Ÿ˜

Crook
  • xero
    xero
    a microsoft funda for slaverying you to it haha
    Any way its just to remove the unreferenced contents in the main memory !!

Though the refresh thing is automated, but it relieves users superficially ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    yeah, its pretty pointless. earllier, i used to think it was used to invoke the garbage collector (as in java types), but i guess not!
    there are some nifty tools out there to clear your memory, havent personally used them though, anyone has an idea as to how they really are?
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    I will clear al this as an IT Professional soon,
    Bcoz now I am under gone my final year project based on the client server side module. In which we are making admin work more easier on monitoring by Without refreshing the hole contents as in olden days,
    Automatic my java designing modules will refresh automatically.
    So i will give a clear shot overview in few days.
    Till that Happy Refreshing...

Thanks and Regards,
    -A.SK...
  • pad
    pad
    Spiderman
    ๐Ÿ˜” i dont... on my linux console ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've always used F5 to refresh a page.. it seems to clear the old cache and request all the data from a website again (instead of reusing some data from the temporary internet files). Im not sure about technical details, but it does seem to work if my page loads half way only or if theres an error. Oh well, whatever works ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • mahul
    mahul
    yeah the gnome desktop enviorment in linux has no option of a refresh....i think ur display buffer is actually(pls correct me if i'm wrong) refreshed...but u already refresh at a rate of 60/75 hz so its useless refreshing like evry1 said
  • rutuja gogte
    rutuja gogte
    akravikanth
    our pc has RAM i.e volatile memory...
    so refreshing is necessary in order to keep d memory update..๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • virendradhotre
    virendradhotre
    i dont know how to do the component technology programmes
    like example a programme for building a component in COM(Component Object Model)
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Guys, this is one of the best Q I have ever come across on the forums!

Well, a while ago I just hated the pointless action and the people who done it. But now I do it myself... never figured out why I do it. really if someone can give a good reason.

though someone did give a good reason, its just for our sanctification. Thats it.
  • Keyur2611
    Keyur2611
    Spiderman
    When we refresh by pressing F5 or using right click, the OS simply updates the contents of the folder ie it reloads all the contents.. eg: If u r in My Computer, after deleting or formatting ne disk, u mite not get the details as required.. but when u refresh, it reloads the whole page with updated details.. That's all. It doesnt boost the pc's performance.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    akravikanth
    Ha ha. Wow. Great answer. But, thats true up to certain extent.. ๐Ÿ˜

There is no need to refresh 4-5 times every time when we close any any window, or when goes into certain directory. :smile:
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    here upto which i know about related to why we refresh our computer on desktop
    because whenever we apply right on any folder a menu opens
    when we get what we want it disappears ...but really it does not happens
    actually what happens that
    a invisible image of that menu still remains there to remove it we generally refresh our desktop
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    A refresh simply updates the contents of the current directory.
    No need of refreshing 4-5 times.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    refresh is used to reload the contents from the buffer memory as i notice also some of the linux Os has not the option of refresh ...,it used as to free the unnecessary resources hold by the memory ..
  • vignesh1988i
    vignesh1988i
    ๐Ÿ˜€ we actually refresh to clear all the deleted process from the RAM memory... that is we are confirming by again clearing the RAM even though we have terminated the process.....

this is what i think.....
    thank u
  • clarence456
    clarence456
    We just click refresh by mouse or use f5 for refresh means to recall our set up but we just it again and again it just value less,its really one of our bad habit which we are from the begging.Thanks for the funny one.....ha ha ha.....๐Ÿ˜

Refresh is just to reflect the latest changes done by the user. For example, I have an XYZ Project made in Netbeans as well as Eclipse also. Now instead of making changes in few files through respective IDE, I am going and making changes in the folder location itself. Now what happens, in Net beans, changes get reflected without refresh but changes in Eclipse get reflected ONLY when I do right click and select "Refresh" option. Reason might be Eclipse is developed in such a manner that it is not linked up automatically with Directory structure but Netbeans is made like that it automatically reflects the changes in folder structure in IDE instantly without refreshing. In the same way, there are many cases when many softwares or applications son't support automatic changes and thus in order to reflect them we need to use "Refresh" option.

So just like this Netbeans and Eclipse IDE strange behaviour, you can find out many more examples in your computer system also everyday and can get the answer - why do we need Refresh sometimes and why not many times.

Thanks !
  • callyD
    callyD
    To update or reload the page
  • nishant_swing
    nishant_swing
    We refresh our computer to clear previous operation in memory and show its current state.

To make it more simple, understand this with an example. When copying files from one folder to another, Windows regularly updates copied files on screen.

Sometimes, due to performance reasons Windows disables this feature and user can't see updated status of copied files. In that case you can use Refresh option from context menu to clear operation till now and refresh the current status.

More: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread has been inspired by Dan Brown's-Da Vinci Code(A novel that left me flabbergasted!). What is Phi? Phi ( = 1.618033988749895... ), most often pronounced fi like "fly", is...
This post addresses the common issue faced by new members of CrazyEngineers community ๐Ÿ˜€ This is what I've observed- Many new members do not enter correct email address while registering...
Hi CEans! I'm always full of weird ideas*. I've been thinking about having something interesting on CE Labs which will attract world's attention. Something which is simple to do. Something...
can some one tell me tht when one ,makes a connection to the web through a dial up service wht is the sequence of steps tht the computer takes ???with...
I got invited to this new site called techtribe @ www.techtribe.com. It sounds really promising but dont know for sure. Here is an extract from IndiaTech news! Rohit Agarwal is...