Why do we prefer semiconductor

Why are using semiconductors instead of conductors in our diodes

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

... Okay, the first question to answer and it's the most basic - are you aware of the difference between semi-conductor and a conductor? Share it with us. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Semi conductors have a crystal lattice structure that permits 'doping', which allows us to modify its behaviour.A conductor cannot be doped and remains a free electron material.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineer (UK) says: Slowly but surely, artificial intelligence is infiltrating almost every aspect of our lives. It is already busy in the background of many routine tasks, powering virtual assistants...
Design News says: We recently conducted a survey of Design News readers. We asked about salaries as well as job satisfaction. We also asked whether our readers would recommend engineering...
guys, I am facing a lot of problems with my android project. I am facing the problems from my connections itself. I don't know the python coding language. so if...
Hai , iam a diploma in mechanical engineering student. I want to do industrial training 6months in bhel Hyderabad so what I do please give your suggestion
what are the best college and institute which are providing the best course of construction management? please explain the process of admission.