Why do we have the problem of energy scarcity?

we all heard that energy can be neither created nor destroyed...but y the world sufffer from energy scarcity.....are we able to get the same energy from every machines...for example...,electric fan converts electric energy into mechanical,and this mechanical energy can be converted into electric energy.likewise can we regain the used energy???????

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    There is one parameter called efficiency of energy conversion

When we convert energy from one form to another we have losses every stage and so there will be lesser energy effectively transferred from one stage to the next.\

So if we convert electric energy into mechanical energy there will be a loss of about 20%.

The next conversion will also include another loss of about 20% and thus the power which you can recover is lesser and becomes of no use.

That is why we are not going for these multi stage conversions
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    To add point to jeffrey,Consider a IC engine where the chemical energy((fuel) is converted into heat and followed by conversion to mechanical energy.So I accept that energy cant be created nor destroyed but there is a quantity of energy wasted as heat or any some other form of energy.So this is the root problem we face in today's scenario.We all are trying to attain 100% efficiency(Ideal state).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Disney’s Ishin-Denshin Project is something where audio could be beamed person-to-person via a simple touch. Huge win for the electronics segment, no? Indeed is! Disney Research has nicknamed their project...
My question is about the heat dissipation in the rail engines. Engines being a mechanical device gets heatedup on continuous working and heat dissipation must be done and nowadays we...
I really don’t know why we are stick up to 3 phase alternator I don’t believe it is constructional limitation What are the reasons for limiting up to 3 phase...
ARM based Chromebooks & low-speed Atom based Chromebooks had some concerns related to processing speed. So, Finally few good companies like HP,Acer & Asus are bringing out the new Chromebooks...
The mecca of Indian engineering & technology, the institutes most of you (had) bet your lives on to get into, the revered Indian Institutes Of Technology do not seem to...