1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Why do most engineering graduates think that mass recruiter companies are not good for them?

Question asked by Durgesh srivastava in #Debates #Career Help on Jan 1, 2020
Durgesh srivastava
Durgesh srivastava · Jan 1, 2020
Rank C3 - EXPERT

Most of the engineering graduates mass recruiters are not good .Mass recruiters Companies like cognizant, Capgemini,TCS, Accenture,wipro. These types of mass recruiters give less salary,this is the reason or any other reason.Give me the correct approach and reason for this.

Posted in: #Debates #Career Help
Ashraf HZ
Ashraf HZ · Jan 2, 2020
Rank A2 - PRO

Hi Durgesh, not sure how "less" of a salary you mention, but If you were given the chance to join ANY company after graduation, take the opportunity. When first starting out, its more about the experience compared to salary. You'd be compensated more fairly once you move on with the experience you have under your belt, be it from an MNC or a start up. Hence make the first 2-3 years count. You may choose to stay on and move yourself up or move on to other places (as long as its a vertical growth). Those companies you mention are huge MNCs, myriad of networking opportunities and offices globally. So there are always different kind of experiences you get gain regardless. 

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 2, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

I doubt that's the case. Almost every engineering student I've come across seems to be 'OK' with getting a job with any recruiter as long as the name is big. The name seemed to matter more than the offered salary; because most of the companies offer salaries in the same bracket. 

It's also worth noting that with average skills-set, you cannot expect to get into a company that offers 'better' salary package. You need to have something that shines! 

As Ashraf said, you should take the job if offered. First 2-3 years are going to be crucial. You need to build up your skills and make a progress through the corporate hierarchy. 

Mohit Patil
Mohit Patil · Jan 2, 2020
Rank C3 - EXPERT

The talented lot doesn't want to get hired by Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Accenture because most of the fresh graduates are not offered any project and are made to sit on the bench. That is why they do not want to get hired by these MNC. 

My juniors who were hired by Infy told me that they have not been given any project and are made to answer some support requests. They are now confused whether they should prepare for MBA or go for MS. 

saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 2, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

One more important reason to consider is , they are offered but when are they going to join the company and earning? Since I have seen students got selected in year 2007 june-july and joined the company in 2008 march. So its like wasting a lot of time after graduation.

Divisha Madupalli
Divisha Madupalli · Jan 12, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

I think it's mostly because they don't find their growth in that company for a long time or they have less salary. It might be also due to them not finding projects or are benched for a long time. There might be a reason because of the bond signed by them also. They also don't see the quality most of the time is the review.

Kavya Burramolla
Kavya Burramolla · Jan 15, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

In my view I don’t think that is the scenario nowadays. The major problem with the mass recruiting companies is that the delay in getting the offer letters. As @saandeep sreerambatla mentioned initially it was like taking at least 3 to 6 months of time to release the offer letters and that was waste of time after graduation but now most of the MNC introduced a program called Pre-Training module in which every selected candidate can register through their ID provided by company and learn the modules like programming or any other courses related to their stream and job role. And also there are assessments to check if the candidates are actually going through the learning module or not. This way most of the MNC’s and candidates are using this time to enhance their skills.

Coming to the package part as Ashraf rightly mentioned during the initial stages of the career instead of expecting huge package try developing skills and with experience with you, your pay will automatically increase.

Other major concern is that most of the selected candidates are not assigned to projects and are on bench for more than 6 months. One can use that best time out of it  to effectively improve their skills and also remember that company is paying you and teaching you, which one will not get outside. 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up