Why are UPS so heavy?

I am an electronics engineer and I recently bought a new UPS for my computer. So, I was wondering why are these UPS so heavy? Is the reason the battery?

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    Re: Ups.

They have large batteries in them. About the size of a motorcycle battery.

You can see the batteries in this video...
    How To Replace your UPS Battery - YouTube
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    Re: Ups.

yes bill190 is right.they give us 12v ,7ah of current which require large amount of acid and that's why they are heavy
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Another important item that makes the UPS heavy is a step down transformer. There are transformer-less UPSs also available. However all the simple ones usually have.

- Karthik
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one please explain me about "InetAdress" used in creating Socket class Object in java.
hi friends.. i am interested to do my final year project in the area of "Geotechnical engineering", a branch of civil engineering.. I am in need of some current topics...
Hello I am using an electric hoist to pull a metal mandrel into a metal casing. Daily around 10 mandrels are pulled and pushed. Sometimes 1 out of hundred casing...
CEans, He’s one of the most active CEans on CrazyEngineers – having reached over 1400 posts since joining CE. An avid computer engineer, CEan goyal420 aka Manish Goyal had a...
Q : If the stiffness of the spring is 10 N/m having 20 turns. Now if the spring is cut into 2 equal pieces, so what will be the stiffness...